Lag spikes

Durke

Lag spikes

Post by Durke »

Hello !

I just got an error with the game.xml file when I tried to launch Farming Simulator 2017. I found a tutorial on how to fix this, I deleted the game.xml and the gamesettings.xml files.
This caused my settings to reset to default. And now I am experiencing lag spikes and the game is running badly. The fps counter tells me I am running on 60-100 fps but it lags alot. I have tweaked alot with the settings but I still have the same problem... Does anybody have any suggestions on what I can do ? :confusednew:

(The log is clean, no errors)
JohnDeere318

Re: Lag spikes

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Do you have multiple mod maps in the folder at the moment? If so, remove all but one mod map that you are playing on. Multiple mod maps together can cause issues.

Or, if that doesn't work, I would uninstall and reinstall the game. *Make a backup of your savegames and mods.*

First, uninstall the game, then when prompt "Delete all savegames?" click "Yes".

Second, after that is done, install FS17, enter your key and such, and then see if it still lags.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
Durke

Post by Durke »

JohnDeere318 wrote:Do you have multiple mod maps in the folder at the moment? If so, remove all but one mod map that you are playing on. Multiple mod maps together can cause issues.

Or, if that doesn't work, I would uninstall and reinstall the game. *Make a backup of your savegames and mods.*

First, uninstall the game, then when prompt "Delete all savegames?" click "Yes".

Second, after that is done, install FS17, enter your key and such, and then see if it still lags.
Thanks a lot man ! Deleting a map mod did the trick, the game is running like a charm now ! Thank you !
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Durke wrote: Thanks a lot man ! Deleting a map mod did the trick, the game is running like a charm now ! Thank you !
No problem man! Glad I helped you. *thumbsup* Good thing you didn't have to go through the trouble of uninstalling, then reinstalling FS17. :D

How to post your log.txt
Durke

Post by Durke »

JohnDeere318 wrote:
Durke wrote: Thanks a lot man ! Deleting a map mod did the trick, the game is running like a charm now ! Thank you !
No problem man! Glad I helped you. *thumbsup* Good thing you didn't have to go through the trouble of uninstalling, then reinstalling FS17. :D
Oh man, I have done that way to many times already :lol: Thanks to the buggy patch a while ago :smileynew:
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Durke wrote:
JohnDeere318 wrote:
Oh man, I have done that way to many times already :lol: Thanks to the buggy patch a while ago :smileynew:
Oh wow! :lol: You were probably really relieved that you didn't have to uninstall the game again. :lol:

How to post your log.txt