Please help - Can't install

Mouse

Please help - Can't install

Post by Mouse »

I waited so long for this game to come - and now I'm having installation errors. My computer meets all the requirements, I'm not sure what to do. Any help? I'm going to post an image of the error I am getting:
I've tried pressing abort, and installing again, but I get the same message over and over. Then I press retry - nothing. :confusednew:
JohnDeere318

Re: Please help - Can't install

Post by JohnDeere318 »

What are your system specs?

Also, when you insert the DVD, go into the DVD, don't run autoplay or anything like that. Run the "setup.exe" (right click) as "Run As Administrator."
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

JohnDeere318 wrote:What are your system specs?

Also, when you insert the DVD, go into the DVD, don't run autoplay or anything like that. Run the "setup.exe" (right click) as "Run As Administrator."
Thank you so much - I didn't know I needed to go into the DVD, I tried that right now but it still doesn't work. It stops installing once it reaches that one file "map01" every time. These are my system specs:
Processor: Intel Core i3
Installed RAM: 4.00 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

I believe I have a defective product here. Just tried it on 3 different computers - same error. I will be contacting Amazon (I ordered it from there). Hopefully they will be able to replace it.
Paeppchen

Post by Paeppchen »

Why don't you get the refund and by the download directly from giants. It work for me all the time and you have it immediately
Kind regards
Rolf
Seit Ls 11 dabei
"Keep calm and play farming simulator"
At the other end of the internet is still a human being. Show some respect and manners
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Paeppchen wrote:Why don't you get the refund and by the download directly from giants. It work for me all the time and you have it immediately
Kind regards
Rolf
Thank you for your suggestion. I would, but I want to use my Amazon gift card balance to purchase it. I received 2 Amazon cards as a gift from someone, and this is what I chose to purchase with them. So basically, I am limited to sellers on Amazon. I also prefer an actual disc copy over a digital copy. Thank you very much, though! :)
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Mouse wrote:I also prefer an actual disc copy over a digital copy.
Same here, can't live without my disc copies. :smileynew: :lol:

Anyway, so sorry it didn't work, yeah I would just return it to Amazon to get a refund and buy a new one in exchange for the defective one. Be sure to let us know when you get it and if it works or not. :)

How to post your log.txt
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

JohnDeere318 wrote:

Anyway, so sorry it didn't work, yeah I would just return it to Amazon to get a refund and buy a new one in exchange for the defective one. Be sure to let us know when you get it and if it works or not. :)
I know, right? :lol:

Thank you! I will be sure to let you know. It said they could take 2 days to get back to me. :smileynew:

Edit: Also, just curious, does anyone know what would happen if I clicked "Ignore" for that file? Is that file important? :hmm:
Paeppchen

Post by Paeppchen »

Well, there is merit to that, though I own a disc copy ( collectors edition) the disc is useless to me because I'm playing on a mac
Thanks and I hope you get it sorted quickly.
Kind regards
Rolf
Seit Ls 11 dabei
"Keep calm and play farming simulator"
At the other end of the internet is still a human being. Show some respect and manners
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Mouse wrote:
JohnDeere318 wrote:

I know, right? :lol:

Thank you! I will be sure to let you know. It said they could take 2 days to get back to me. :smileynew:
Great! Can't wait to hear from you again! *thumbsup* :mrgreen:

How to post your log.txt
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Yay! They were very kind and said they would send me another copy tomorrow! :)

I've never had any of the Farming Simulator games so I am very excited to try it.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

That's great news @Mouse! Can't wait to hear from you tomorrow! :mrgreen: Trust me, you'll fall in love with this game and be very, and I mean, very addicted to this game... :neutralnew: ( :lol:)

If you don't have the update, go here to get it: http://www.farming-simulator.com/update ... country=us

How to post your log.txt
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

JohnDeere318 wrote:That's great news @Mouse! Can't wait to hear from you tomorrow! :mrgreen: Trust me, you'll fall in love with this game and be very, and I mean, very addicted to this game... :neutralnew: ( :lol:)

If you don't have the update, go here to get it: http://www.farming-simulator.com/update ... country=us
:lol: I'm sure I will enjoy it (And get addicted to it :zunge: )

I realized I may have worded that wrong, it is getting shipped out tomorrow, but will probably take a few days to come :smileynew: Can't wait though!

Thank you for the link! I will update it as soon as I get the game! :biggrin2:
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

It's a long story, but I still have not yet gotten a replacement for the game. I do have one coming though. It could be at least another week...

So I got impatient and tried pressing "ignore" on the file just to see what would happen. It won't install any of the files for map01 or map02! Very strange. All the other files seem to install fine, but the map files refuse to install. I'm puzzled.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

This sounds like either the DVD is broken, or your DVD reader needs to be cleaned out.

One thing you could try is to make an image of the DVD (see https://www.howtogeek.com/228886/how-to ... and-linux/ for instructions), if this also fails you know the there is something wrong with the DVD or the reader. If you manage to create an image of the DVD without errors you can use this to try to install the game.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules