Win10/Norton thinks PC is inactive while playing FS ...

W1der

Win10/Norton thinks PC is inactive while playing FS ...

Post by W1der »

I noticed that Win10 (or possibly "Norton") does not recognize my PC being "in use" while playing FS17 ...
Ever so often I get a prompt, saying that Norton Security is doing "stuff" in the background "while the PC is not being used"... :hmm:

This is not a big problem but a bit annoying, as I need to stop what ever I am doing and go in to the menus (or turn on the GPS to enable the mouse) to be able to close the pop up window with the mouse pointer.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
OrcaAmity

Re: Win10/Norton thinks PC is inactive while playing FS ...

Post by OrcaAmity »

W1der wrote:I noticed that Win10 (or possibly "Norton") does not recognize my PC being "in use" while playing FS17 ...
Ever so often I get a prompt, saying that Norton Security is doing "stuff" in the background "while the PC is not being used"... :hmm:

This is not a big problem but a bit annoying, as I need to stop what ever I am doing and go in to the menus (or turn on the GPS to enable the mouse) to be able to close the pop up window with the mouse pointer.
You need to get a new Internet Security because Norton is junk. Norton Anti-Virus doesn't even scan all the files in a PC when it does a virus scan even when doing a full system scan. AVG is another one that is junk. I wonder why a lot of people praise AVG when AVG has a habit of bringing-up false virus alerts and the only way to remove the alert is to click on the option that indicates to take action on a threat. I kept getting that and the next thing I knew some of my games were not working because AVG removed some of the files. I remember when it kept telling me that with Chainz 2 and Left 4 Dead at Steam and obviously those games were not virus-infected. AVG's Tune Up is also junk because it tends to remove parts of Windows that requires a Boot Disc to repair the damage it causes. Some tune up. Sorry to rattle on but I thought I'd tell you these two programs are junk and I thought I'd tell you why.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

AVG is actually pretty good when I used it. I uninstalled because I switched back to the regular Windows 10 Defender. Thought it was better and I haven't gotten any viruses. What it comes down to, is what you download or where to visit to. Any virus protection program is good, it just depends what you do with them. If you go to safe sites, don't go to various mod sites (go to the ones that are most popular), and don't download a whole bunch of random stuff from sites, then anything is better than nothing. I have Malware-Bytes FREE to be able to detect malware, which Defender doesn't really detect, I could be wrong though. I have never been a fan of Norton, but that's just my opinion.

W1der, do you have a paid subscription to Norton Internet Security? If you do, just use it until it expires, then just switch to Windows 10 Defender or get AVG Free Edition. I personally recommend Windows 10 Defender, it does the job everyday. Windows Defender doesn't do any of that nonsense.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

I recommend Avast Antivirus. It works well at its free! Just a thought its up to you.
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
tobra

Post by tobra »

Yes they are all free, but when to remove the virus then you need to pay. I think it's a marketing trick. I use Windows 10 Defender.
Image Image Image
W1der

Post by W1der »

tobra wrote:Yes they are all free, but when to remove the virus then you need to pay. I think it's a marketing trick. I use Windows 10 Defender.
These free versions usually detects a virus shortly after you installed them ... and forces yoy to pay to delete it ... scam!

I am very happy with Norton so far ... It pretty much does it stuff without me having to do a lot.
This is the only thing bugging me ... and is possibly something that GIANTS wants to look at ... as it only seems to happen when playing FS17.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
thunderhawk

Post by thunderhawk »

I never could stang norton on more that one computer i have had norton would not let me remove program the normal way had to download software just to get rid of norton now I use AVG free edition never had any issues with it and CCleaner for my registry cleaner and malewarebytes for maleware not having to pay for any of them its all freeware
Dell XPS 720 Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme 3.0ghz
Liquid cooled with a 120mm x 240mm radiator twin 120mm cooler master SickleFlow fans
Nvidia GTX 660ti
Patch 1.4.4 Windows 7 home
Playing through a Sanyo 50" tv
W1der

Post by W1der »

I tried Norton a long time ago and hated it ...
The current way it works, I like.