PC Controller Support?

hakkers519

PC Controller Support?

Post by hakkers519 »

Does anyone know which actions under controls are for the Scorpion King? Im trying to remap my PS4 controller to work on PC the same as it did on the PS4 version of the game. The stick axis' are all messed up, they need to be fixed. Ive tried using DS4Windows and inputmapper, with no luck so stuck doing it manually. or it would be nice if Giants could add better controller support.
W1der

Re: PC Controller Support?

Post by W1der »

Better control support?
Explain exactly how that would look so that they know what you are missing ... :)

Doing it manually is no issue for me ... that way I can get it exactly the way I want it ... how could it be better than that?
The only thing I am missing is an extra column for game pad inputs so that I can map it differently depending what vehicle I am using ... :this:

Basically the ones from the top down to the "rotate crane tool left" is for the Scorpio ... except for the open and close tool which is for the Buffalo.
It also uses a few of the standard implement control commands to start the tool, set the cut length and make the cut. But these should be explained in the "help window" (pressing "F1").

If you need any more help just fire away ...
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Hmm... Yeah I had problems with this too back in FS15 with a PS3 controller. You just have play around with the controller a bit, maybe do some combos like L1 + R1 + Triangle or something like that. Get a little creative. *thumbsup*
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
hakkers519

Post by hakkers519 »

W1der wrote:Image

Better control support?
Explain exactly how that would look so that they know what you are missing ... :)

Doing it manually is no issue for me ... that way I can get it exactly the way I want it ... how could it be better than that?
The only thing I am missing is an extra column for game pad inputs so that I can map it differently depending what vehicle I am using ... :this:

Basically the ones from the top down to the "rotate crane tool left" is for the Scorpio ... except for the open and close tool which is for the Buffalo.
It also uses a few of the standard implement control commands to start the tool, set the cut length and make the cut. But these should be explained in the "help window" (pressing "F1").

If you need any more help just fire away ...
What I was referring to with better controller support is , why cant they make it so you don't have to manually remap the controls, and just have them the same as on console. When every other game works flawlessly without ever remapping a single button. Don't get me wrong, most stuff works fine. Just having a hell of a time trying to figure which are the scorpion king controls. Also had to remap a few others but they were easy to find. But thanks for the pic and info.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

I agree. I use a Logitech controller and for whatever reason, the mappings have reset 3 times.
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

To prevent this, map the controls and mark the inputbindungs.xml as read-only
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Thanks for the tip *thumbsup* I'll try it tomorrow
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

juf.de wrote:To prevent this, map the controls and mark the inputbindungs.xml as read-only
I think it is better to make a backup copy of the inputBinding.xml, since it can happen that an update f the game needs to update the inputBinding.xml and if it is marked read-only this won't happen and you might end up with broken controls (or even worse the update may fail completely). If you make a backup copy of the file you can compare what has changed between the backup and the current inputBinding.xml and if there are any differences you can update the current file from the backup copy.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules