farming simulator 2017 disc won't load

Lafarmer

farming simulator 2017 disc won't load

Post by Lafarmer »

My farming simulator 2017 game will not load I thought it was the dvd player in computer, bought a cleaning disc ran it and farming simulator 2017 disc loaded and I played the game next time I tried it would not start again I put my farming simulator 2011 disc in and the game started right away it is not the dvd drive any suggestions
JohnDeere318

Re: farming simulator 2017 disc won't load

Post by JohnDeere318 »

So you can't even play the game, or you just can't get the disc loaded it to be able to play the game? Does it give you a "Please insert disc to play" sort of message? If it is that, your DVD drive may be getting bad and can't handle the new disc technology. Remember, that game is 7 years old and that disc is fairly old too. If you can, I would purchase an external DVD drive and plug that into your computer and see if it works. If it works perfectly, then your internal DVD drive is the problem.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
Lafarmer

Post by Lafarmer »

yes I am getting a please insert the disc message but I have been playing fs17 for awhile now so I didn't think that was the problem I tried all my older games fs 11, 13 and 15 all of them played
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

If you can play all other games that require a disc as well but not FS17 then it could also be that the FS17 DVD is scratched or dirty. Therefore please carefully try to clean the disc itself. If you are able to get the disc working by cleaning it then I would recommend to create an image of it on your harddisc so that you don't have to keep it in the drive all the time (see https://www.howtogeek.com/228886/how-to ... and-linux/ for instructions on how to create an image of the DVD)
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Lafarmer

Post by Lafarmer »

thanks for that information I installed the game on another laptop and it worked fine disc is not the problem maybe game became corrupted some how if I save the documents in the fs 17 folder on the computer to a jump drive uninstall and re install and copy documents to new download will that work
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

It's your DVD drive for sure. What I said above should cure your problem.

How to post your log.txt
Lafarmer

Post by Lafarmer »

installed new dvd drive and am back farming thanks
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

No problem man, glad I could help.

How to post your log.txt