Game won't launch

Berrman1967

Game won't launch

Post by Berrman1967 »

Four times in the last 2 weeks, FS17 won't launch. It goes to the title screen, then a black screen and back to xbox dashboard. I followed tips on other posts here for cache clearing hard reboot with no luck. Through trial and error I have discovered that deleting reserved space gets the game working again but then I have to reinstall any mods associated with my saves. I haven't added any new mods recently except the westbridge hills map. Any ideas for what may be happening?
markare

Re: Game won't launch

Post by markare »

Unsure if you have the Xbox set to quick start . if so I would recommend changing that setting as turning the Xbox off with the quick start option selected doesn't turn the console off completely it just make it do the same as hibernate mode on a PC. It still runs in the background even though the power light is showing as off. Set that and do the hard reset . hold in power button for 10 seconds, unplug the power adapter and leave for at least 30 seconds. Then turn on using the console not the controller. Whilst in the boot up screen turn on the controller. The first time you load the game it should say syncing data for farming Sim. This may or may not work. Hopefully it does . *thumbsup*
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
Berrman1967

Post by Berrman1967 »

Thanks for the reply. My xbox is set to energy saving mode and not quick startup or instant on. I have satellite Internet with data restrictions so I typically leave the xbox offline as much as possible. That's part of the reason this is such a problem...dl'ing everything again takes forever. Once I get the game to run again, it might be 3 or 4 days until it de ides not to launch.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Energy saving is still on though. Turn it off completely and then try again.
Berrman1967

Post by Berrman1967 »

Thanks for the help Guil. I must be missing something then. Under Power & startup, my only options are energy saving and instant on. Regardless of that setting, if the xbox is disconnected from it's power source it is as "off" as it can get, right? I did find an option to completely shut down the xbox, I will try that...since the game won't launch again this morning.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Energy saving must be still on because it it's off it can't use any energy so try shut it down completely and see how you go.
Berrman1967

Post by Berrman1967 »

Did the full shutdown and left the xbox unplugged. I will update this thread after work tonight.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Hopefully it works for you.
Berrman1967

Post by Berrman1967 »

No such luck...xbox was unplugged for about 10 hours. I deleted the reserved disk space and the game launched perfectly but now I have to dl maps and mods again. Should I start a new career on a vanilla map with no mods and see what happens?
markare

Post by markare »

There could be a problem with the game files themselves if all these steps have been done and return the same problem. I can only think of one other option but since you have data restriction with your internet you may not like it. Deleting the whole game and reinstalling *may* help . not sayimg it will 100% but that's the only other thing left that you can try unfortunately . I had the same problem as you with 15 and that was the only way I could sort it. Something somewhere in the game file crashed and caused me problems. Reinstalling the core game done the trick for me. Hopefully you can get your problem sorted out soon
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
Berrman1967

Post by Berrman1967 »

Markare, I did the complete uninstall-reinstall the first time this problem occurred and it did fix the problem temporarily. That took forever and I lost a lot of time on my saves since the xbox doesn't get to sync very often. I have narrowed it down to the reserved space being the only part of the game that HAS to be deleted in order to play again. Previously I would dl all the mods again and roll on but this time I did not...started a career on GCV with no mods as an experiment.
wildflower

Post by wildflower »

I guess you use that last big american map? With the big square fields? Cause i had exact the same like you and i had to delete all my saved game/mods

Once i did that, game launched directly! For me it only started happening i used that big american map.
Curious if it was the same to you???
XBOX1 player: feel free to add: bonjolino :hi:
Berrman1967

Post by Berrman1967 »

I have been playing nothing but Westbridge Hills since it came out. I played plenty of American Outback but haven't tried the other big American type map, I think it was Mustang Valley.
Berrman1967

Post by Berrman1967 »

So I haven't had any problems since I deleted the westbridge hills map. I do remember that I had several pigs frozen in place the last time I played that map. Do you think that could cause my problem? I could try selling all the pigs...
wildflower

Post by wildflower »

It could have been, i can't really confirm, because when i had the problem, the game didn't launch at all.
Since i deleted all my saved game, i'm not using mod maps any more, and the amount of mods is limited aswel!

I don't even use the ground response mods and so. Don't trust it anymore lol
XBOX1 player: feel free to add: bonjolino :hi: