Graphics settings

Guil

Graphics settings

Post by Guil »

Does the game automatically set the optimum settings each time it starts or is it only the first run after installation?
kwaka

Re: Graphics settings

Post by kwaka »

Good question.
Guessing if was every time starts all your override settings (set preferences) would revert. So guess after initial installation.

To elaborate on this though. It would be good to know which file to remove to make the game re asses settings. For simple reason of updated drivers or even replacement GPU. Maybe after global tweek of GPU settings or something.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

I think its only on the first run, as the game checks for the game.xml, gamesettings.xml and the inputBinding.xml, if these do not exist, they will be created with a optimization for your system. After the first run the game.xml and the gamesettings.xml willonly be changed by manual changeing the graphics settings ingame. The inputBindung.xml will be changed with every new mod with additional input bindings.
Of course i'm talking about these files in the Users/user/Documents/FamringSimulator2017 folder, not the installDir.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Guil

Post by Guil »

That's why I'm wondering. I'm getting a pc and will be installing a graphics card but will probably installed and try run the game before the GPU and if like to find out what the game recommends.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Thanks juf.de, so if I delete those xml files it should check again?
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

Not sure if i understand your question, but you can just delete/move the game.xml and gamesettings.xml before installing the new graphixs card, this way the game will create a new one. If you run the game before installing the new GPU, you should delete the shader_cache before you do the first run with the new GPU to make sure the game will run properly.

edit: you answerd the question yourself ;-)
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Guil

Post by Guil »

Haha thanks my friend.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

You are welcome, the "closed" post you will have to write yourself though ;-)
... that is, if there are no more questions
Playing on PC
tom5051
Boardurlaub/Boardholidays

Post by tom5051 »

Nvidia GeForce Experience can be set to optimize your game graphics settings. FS17 is on the list and it changed everything to Ultra High when I installed my GTX 1070 recently.
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

tom5051 wrote:Nvidia GeForce Experience can be set to optimize your game graphics settings. FS17 is on the list and it changed everything to Ultra High when I installed my GTX 1070 recently.
It doesn't even find my FS17 and it's on my C: SDD drive. GTX 1060 is what I have installed...

As for optimised settings. Game didn't provide me with optimised settings at all upon installation. 1024x screen res when I have 1920x etc. Did it all manually. Runs smoothly now, but still...
MC, aka Master of Cereals