Download code for Disc

slikem112

Download code for Disc

Post by slikem112 »

Hi Team,

I preordered the game last year and got the physical disc version of the game and all the other stuff along with it. I've just bought a new computer to run the game alot smoother but this computer doesn't have an optical drive.
Is there some way to use the product code from the CD version and transfer it to a download version? Or will I have to buy the game again and download it?

Cheers,
don_apple

Re: Download code for Disc

Post by don_apple »

Hello and welcome to the forum!

It is unfortunately not possible to convert the disc version of the game into a download version, or use the key you got with the disc version to download the game. But if you still have the old computer with the optical drive you can use that to make an image of the disc and transfer that image to your new computer to use it as a virtual disc. You can find information about how to create a disc image and using it as a virtual disc on the following page: https://www.howtogeek.com/228886/how-to ... and-linux/

Alternatively you could also buy an external USB DVD drive to be able to use CDs/DVDs on your new computer.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
eric21

Re: Download code for Disc

Post by eric21 »

You can buy an external cd drive