Game will not work on PC!

csberrier

Game will not work on PC!

Post by csberrier »

When I try to open the game an error sign pops up. It states "Error: Could not init 3D system. Shader Model 3.0 is required." I downloaded a driver and it still doesnt work.
Aranea

Re: Game will not work on PC!

Post by Aranea »

this problem is usually due to a low-end pc graphic card or older graphic cards, which dont support shader 3.0 - stuff.
if you have a brand new high end machine, maybe your integrated graphic card is trying to launch the game and thus failing.
MfG
die Spinne :hi:
FS modder & scripter
quality modding and support since 2012
viewtopic.php?f=884&t=115656
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

csberrier wrote:When I try to open the game an error sign pops up. It states "Error: Could not init 3D system. Shader Model 3.0 is required." I downloaded a driver and it still doesnt work.
May we see your log.txt? Maybe we can figure something out about it.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
tom5051
Boardurlaub/Boardholidays

Post by tom5051 »

Integrated graphics will still run the game so it isn't the issue.
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

tom5051 wrote:Integrated graphics will still run the game so it isn't the issue.
There's been another topic about this matter recently... I'm trying to figure out, we found that this error is due to an old graphic card that wasn't supporting the DX11...
Shader Model 3.0 came with DX11...

viewtopic.php?f=896&t=112534
tom5051 wrote:Integrated graphics will still run the game so it isn't the issue.
I seriously doubt that... Maybe the most recent but I'm not even sure it supports S.M 3.0/DX11...

Note: I can't believe that so many people don't check System Requirements vs their PC config before purchasing a game... :hmm:
TomXP411

Post by TomXP411 »

ThaFarmer wrote:
I seriously doubt that... Maybe the most recent but I'm not even sure it supports S.M 3.0/DX11...

Note: I can't believe that so many people don't check System Requirements vs their PC config before purchasing a game... :hmm:
The Intel i7 in my server box will run the game, but I get about 3 frames per second while doing so. Still, it executes. (Which is a good thing, since I needed to generate the license file to run a server.)

However, to actually enjoy the game, you really need a decent graphics card. If you don't have a GeForce or Radeon GPU, you'll have to turn the settings way down to play the game.
PC | XBox One | American Outback, Westbridge