Building a new pc

Mtsbeco

Building a new pc

Post by Mtsbeco »

Hi guys,

I want your opinion on a new computer. I have a Farming related YouTube channel so I'm streaming on a regular base, but also I'm recording and editting. It is time to upgrade the system but I want to know what I should do, working with a budget of around €1000.
Should I take a heavy cpu and cutt down on the graphicscard or the other way around and get a lower cpu but a nice gpu. And what about the option of an AMD Ryzen 5 cpu. I read online they are unbeatable in cpu heavy tasks, so with live streaming and editting it should be the better choice.
Maybe you guys can give me some suggestions considering my needs. Remember it is not needed to game om 150fps because youtube will not exceed 60fps in the next couple of years.

Thank you cheers
Please visit my channel for FS17 livestreams and video's. :this:
www.youtube.com/channel/UCovfXLj5z3YynMZslwvxUEg
Vanquish081

Re: Building a new pc

Post by Vanquish081 »

With my PC I can do all those tasks that you said and I haven't any problem. You only need know what brand I like you.

I prefer intel, nvidia,... with a budget of around 1000 € I buy i5 7700 and 1050 Ti 4GB or 1060 6GB, power supply around 50 €, motherboard around 85-99 €, SSD 75-90 € (250GB) for main SO and games, other HDD 1TB 35-48 € for other data and games.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

You can exclude the i5 7700 and the SSD for just the i5 6500 and 1TB HDD. I can play the game on Max and have loads of mods. My build costed me around $600-$800. Just click the "Click here" for my PC specs in my signature below. :this:
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
TomXP411

Post by TomXP411 »

The AMD Ryzen is certainly worth considering.

On the graphics card... I'd probably pick up a GTX 1060. That's more than fast enough for FS, and with the money you saved, you can add an SSD. (Just don't go for anything smaller than 500GB. I mean it. You'll be extremely frustrated if you think you can get by with a 256GB SSD in a gaming machine.)
PC | XBox One | American Outback, Westbridge
Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 »

JohnDeere318 wrote:You can exclude the i5 7700 and the SSD for just the i5 6500 and 1TB HDD. I can play the game on Max and have loads of mods. My build costed me around $600-$800. Just click the "Click here" for my PC specs in my signature below. :this:

I would disagree completely on the hard drive. Unless we're talking about a PC that's used exclusively for gaming and nothing else, the all-around benefits of having SSD vastly outweigh the cons of using an HDD. I'd still recommend an SSD for a gaming-only rig, as it will provide drastically lower load times (2-4x faster in most cases) for your most-played games that you choose to install on the SSD. Unless you're building a budget build for around $700 or less, an SSD should always be a priority IMO. Being able to turn my PC on and be a the desktop in 5 seconds is priceless :biggrin2:

At the very least I would buy a small SSD to install Windows on and your most used applications, then buy a larger HDD for your storage.
PC: 9600k/1080ti
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

If he has he money that is... I was building on a budget, so the HDD was just fine for me. Desktops are already pretty fast. ;)
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt