Installing Mods

Steeler18

Installing Mods

Post by Steeler18 »

Hi, i am kind of new to the Mod scene and I am not very good at computers. I literally have no idea how to make mods that i have downloaded from the giants website work.
I downloaded them to a download folder and moved the zip files to the mod folder in the my games area. Did i do this right or do i need to do something else as well? please help!
hpmc13

Re: Installing Mods

Post by hpmc13 »

Whenever you start a game - either a new game or a savegame - you should get a list of all the mods that are in your mods folder. You need to select them by either double-clicking on them or by hitting select all at the bottom. They should then all be available to you in the shop when the game loads.
Playing on PC
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

@Steeler18: welcome to the forum!

Please have a look at the following post where you can find some useful tips for using mods with the game: viewtopic.php?f=895&t=102821&p=791562#p791562

But if you just want to install mods from the official Giants ModHub, then you can do that directly from within the game. Just click on 'Mods' in the games main menu and you will be taken to a screen where you can choose which mods you want to install, and then they will be installed automatically after you click on the 'Install' button.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
JERRYBLACK11

Post by JERRYBLACK11 »

Hi .i have been playing fs17 for awhile now but installing mods won't work. . I have tried to put them in like ... download mod then copy mod then document then my games then farming simulator 17 then mods then paste then open game then go to mods in game but nothing happens. .. why would that be. .???

Code: Select all

MyPc/My Documents/Farmingsimulator2017/Mods
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Sorry, without more information it will be very difficult to help you.

Have you tried installing mods directly from within the game, by clicking on "Mods" in the games main menu and then selecting the mods you like there? Does this work?

If that does work, but installing mods that are not available from the 'Mods' menu in the game doesn't work, then please have a look a the link I've posted above, which should help getting the mods to work.

If it still doesn't work, then please post the log.txt file of the game here (see the link 'log.txt' in my signature).
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
JERRYBLACK11

Post by JERRYBLACK11 »

I have tried. (1) using Windows 10 down ftom farming simulator 17 modhub directly (2) go to downloads find the zip folder of money/ follow me/ gps then copy the go to documents then my games then farming simulator 17 then mods then paste. .. then open game then go into mods in game looking for snh mods that i have downloaded and pasted but to no available or install. .. what might i be doing wrong if i can show you my log.txt

JERRYBLACK11

Post by JERRYBLACK11 »

here is the log.txt in add files
log.txt
(2.51 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
can someone advise me why my farming simulator won't accept the mods???

böserlöwe
GIANTS Software | Support Engineer

Post by böserlöwe »

Hi, your Game needs The last Patch.
JERRYBLACK11

Post by JERRYBLACK11 »

I have tried every possible Avenue to put mods in my game using Windows 10 but game won't accept them ... very annoying

don_apple

Post by don_apple »

JERRYBLACK11 wrote:I have tried every possible Avenue to put mods in my game using Windows 10 but game won't accept them ... very annoying
As böserlöwe already wrote you need to install the latest update for the game, since your version is way out of date. The current version of the game is 1.4.4 but you still have 1.1.6:

Farming Simulator 17
  Version: 1.1.6.0 RC7
Please got to the following page and download the 'Farming Simulator 17 UPDATE 1.4.4': http://www.farming-simulator.com/update ... country=us
After you have downloaded the '.exe' file just run it and the game will be updated to the latest version.

There is also an issue with the naming of some of the mods:

Error: Invalid mod name 'FS17_DCK_FollowMe (2)'! Characters allowed: (_, A-Z, a-z, 0-9). The first character must not be a digit
Error: Invalid mod name 'FS17_Money_Cheat (1)'! Characters allowed: (_, A-Z, a-z, 0-9). The first character must not be a digit
Please remove the ' (2)' and ' (1)'from the end of the name of the ZIP files to make those mods work.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

FS22 Bugtracker