File size limit for dedi servers

sempiturnus

File size limit for dedi servers

Post by sempiturnus »

The file size of 1.71G maximum for a single file upload on dedicated servers is obviously something set up by Giants and not the providers of the server. So, is there a way to increase this size or will we be forced to butcher our maps and gut half of the stuff we want to fit it there. I ask this because there are many maps out there (including a 16x i made for myself and my buddies) that have a lot of production items and many other things to do for a group that likes to play together with different styles. I don't want to be forced to remove anything if it can be prevented.
robvdheijden

Re: File size limit for dedi servers

Post by robvdheijden »

If you wanna use a map thats bigger then 1.71gb you should seriously reconsider what kind of map you are using.
I highly doubt your gonna have any playable performance.

other then that it is probably a file size limit with the way the webserver downloads the file into the mod folder.

You should probably first try if the dedicated server app will even load the map maybe the host will manually add it for you if you ask nicely.

Hope this helps,
Rob
sempiturnus

Post by sempiturnus »

Performance is fine running at 65+fps with between 15-27 ms at any given time. It slows a bit when you first enter a "heavily populated" area (production area with several fabrics contained in one place) but pans out pretty quick. Any time i ask the host about it they tell me to "do it through the ftp" but will never explain more and i have no idea how.
sempiturnus

Post by sempiturnus »

I figured it out. https://filezilla-project.org/ Using this i am able to upload the map directly to the server. I needed the ftp address and the control panel log in info for the dedi.
robvdheijden

Post by robvdheijden »

Im glad you managed to get the map uploaded.

Now im really curious what kind of map you have that it is that size.
would you mind sharing it?