Game not releasing gamma settings

Frithgar

Game not releasing gamma settings

Post by Frithgar »

I've an issue where the game changes brightness levels on my PC. When finishing a session and I exit the game, or if I alt tab out of it, the gamma settings have been hijacked by the game and don't revert to my normal desktop settings. This has been an issue for me since this game was released, I've also not been able to get my recording software (D3DGear) to record this game using the ingame setting on the recording.

The gamma not being released means that I'm not looking at a blindingly white screen and it will stay like that until I restart my computer. The recording issue, I get round by recording the desktop instead of the ingame, however I'm not sure why this game does this and no other does it. If I use the in game setting, my recording comes out very very dark, as though the brightness settings for the game were set almost to zero. Like I say, I've no other games that do this, only FS17. FS15 worked perfectly with the in game setting. The only time it becomes an issue, is that using the desktop capture mode, there are times on some maps that the recording can become laggy. This never happens with the in game recording mode.

If anyone has any suggestions with either of these issues, I'd love to hear them!

Thank you for your time

Frithgar
For Farming Simulator 17 Timelapse and gameplay videos try https://www.youtube.com/user/Frithgar
Guil

Re: Game not releasing gamma settings

Post by Guil »

There was a similar thread in the bug report forum not long ago. I'll try find it and maybe you can get a solution there.
Guil

Post by Guil »

viewtopic.php?f=936&t=112005 no solution though.
Frithgar

Post by Frithgar »

Thanks Guil, much appreciated, it would appear they use the same workaround that I do for it. Ah well, hopefully it'll be something that's sorted for FS19!
For Farming Simulator 17 Timelapse and gameplay videos try https://www.youtube.com/user/Frithgar