unlock fps

vortex1988

unlock fps

Post by vortex1988 »

Hi,

my question is very simple. I have a monitor whit 144hz,How do i unlock the fps in game to take them from 60 to unlimited if i do not want to keep the developer mode active and at every start of the game apply F3 feature?

This is my pc configuration:

CPU: i5-6600;
MOTHERBOARD: msi H170 gaming M3;
RAM: fury HyerX 8 Gb ddr4 2133;
VIDEO CARD: Sapphire R9 280X vapor-X trix-X
Monitor: Samsung 27 pollici FHD da 144hz.
DukaSoft

Re: unlock fps

Post by DukaSoft »

Run the game from your shortcut with " -disableFramerateLimiter"
PC User
Specs:
Intel i7-6700k @4.00Ghz
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070
16GB - 2133MHz RAM
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

So, how do I add that " -disableFramerateLimiter"? Sorry if this is a very "noobish" question.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
Guil

Post by Guil »

I presume it's done in the dev console?
Borealis

Post by Borealis »

If you right-click on a desktop shortcut and go to the "shortcut" tab, there's a box labelled "target". The pathway inside will be in quote marks. E.g. if your pathway is "C:\Program Files...\FS17.exe" you would add -disableFramerateLimiter so it looks like "C:\Program Files...\FS17.exe -disableFramerateLimiter"

The other method is to use the in-game dev console (accessed via the ` key - the key next to 1 on a standard keyboard) and press F3. This toggles it on and off.

Having tried running the game with it disabled, I'd recommend first testing with the dev console F3 command to see if it works OK for you. If your hardware is powerful enough, you'll easily reach in excess of 144 FPS. Mine reached about 200FPS on average, peaking at 300FPS in places.

It looks great, but the game engine got a bit buggy on my system - had some weird issues and vehicles would get stopped/only operate at 2mph for no apparent reason. Also, the intro cinematic ran at like 500mph! Re-enabling the limiter fixed the issue for me.
vortex1988

Post by vortex1988 »

Thanks for you answer.
I have tested this method and works fine.
Borealis

Post by Borealis »

Good to hear it works for you.
vortex1988

Post by vortex1988 »

Yes It workstation very wellness and White this method I don't Press anytime F3.
Metal Moss

Post by Metal Moss »

Borealis wrote: [/b]
The other method is to use the in-game dev console (accessed via the ` key - the key next to 1 on a standard keyboard) and press F3. This toggles it on and off.
I was having minor stutter every 5 sec or so, couldn't figure out why, only farm sim did it. Did this, and game runs smoooooooth. Very happy
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

You have two options to unlock the FPS limiter. One is to use the method above. The other is to enable to development controls, then every time you start, hit F3. (Hit F2 to make sure, since it shows you the current FPS). Obviously using the -disableFrameRateLimter is the preferred option and that's the one I use. I am not sure if it works for the Steam version of the game.

Here is how I changed my short cut (Target)

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Farming Simulator 2017\FarmingSimulator2017.exe" -disableFramerateLimiter
crash

Post by crash »

it works in steam. But you have write it as a start up comannd in steam. Right click on the game where all you games are listed in the library. then hit preferenses or whatever it is on English, bottom of the meny that pops up. There you will see a botton that reads -start up commands- or somthing along those lines. there you wirite or insert the same line ; -disableFramerateLimiter
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
Metal Moss

Post by Metal Moss »

crash wrote:it works in steam. But you have write it as a start up comannd in steam. Right click on the game where all you games are listed in the library. then hit preferenses or whatever it is on English, bottom of the meny that pops up. There you will see a botton that reads -start up commands- or somthing along those lines. there you wirite or insert the same line ; -disableFramerateLimiter
is it "set launch options" then just put disableFramerateLimiter in that?
crash

Post by crash »

yes! :) (my steam is in Norwegian, direct translating dosent work very well:P)
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
Metal Moss

Post by Metal Moss »

worked without F3, thanks for the help, and thanks theSeb for F2, didn't know that either.