Making the switch from PS4 to PC

Slush2318

Making the switch from PS4 to PC

Post by Slush2318 »

Hello

Fairly new to farm simulator but can't stop playing lol. I want to go to PC for more mods for overall enjoyment. Is there an advantage to buying the Steam vs disc version at all? Also my PC is quite old so thinking of getting a gaming PC like Cybertron,iBuyPower or cyberpower. Any recommendations don't want to break the bank. Also do most PC players play on a monitor or do they hookup to big screen TV.
Smith Modding

Re: Making the switch from PS4 to PC

Post by Smith Modding »

I play on PC with a normal monitor and I have the disk version. Gives you a poster and stuff. I prefer it over steam. Just my opinion. As for a PC, you don't necessarily have to get a gaming computer to run it on high settings. I have a PC that I got on sale for $500 (normally $620) that runs it on high, with a ton of mods, between 30 and 60 FPS. So you don't have to spend a lot to get it to run well.
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Slush2318

Post by Slush2318 »

Hey thanks for the quick response and info. Yes most of the gaming PC I've been looking at are around $500-700.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Great *thumbsup* I've never played on console but thoroughly enjoy it on PC. Hope you enjoy it, and don't hesitate to ask if you have any more questions
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

Buying on Steam gives you the possibility to easily backup you game files as is. no re-installation needed only to restore backup. Lot faster if you use a USB3 HDD Drive or thos new USB3 SSD external drives(incredibly fast).

DVD Version has the downside to be SO Slow, it's way out dated... Only for those who can't afford large downloads(limited data bandwith).

If you have unlimited bandwith and a good internet speed go for Steam version, it's worth it.
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

I've never regretted using steam for all my PC games. Their all still there for me to play as I wish. Also great deals can be had. There's no disadvantages that I've ever come across. My desktop sits close to my TV so I bought a gpu with dual HDMI outs so I can switch to whichever I want. If you have that ability it's nice imo.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.