Slow Download for installer

mrryumaru

Slow Download for installer

Post by mrryumaru »

I've eleminated my connection as the issue, going so far as to completely reset my router and modem twice. It's not my end. The installer is downloading at a whopping 80-140 kbps, which is insane. Is there any way to fix this? It's kinda not good when you buy a product only to have to wait 8-10 hours (chrome's estimate, not mine). And no, it's not chrome's fault, IE and FF are the smae (actually FF was even worse).
robvdheijden

Re: Slow Download for installer

Post by robvdheijden »

Hello,

are you absolutely sure your connection isnt the issue. Could be a windows update downloading.

Click the start menu, type in: perfmon
Go to network and see what is using how much of your connection.
if the only thing that has high numbers is chrome then thats the only thing using your connection, if there is a svchost using your connection windows is probably updating something.

As of right now i did a test downloading the installer and it took me less then a minute.

Hope this helps,
Rob
hshutt

Post by hshutt »

Can confirm, trying to download FS 22 and it's EXTREMELY slow, 15 hours is the least I've seen. Using chrome, also tried others. This is ridiculous. I pay for very fast wifi from Comcast, usually get around 20 MB/s.
hshutt

Post by hshutt »

I connected my computer to Ethernet this time, now it's telling me a FULL DAY to download.. THANKS FOR HOSTING YOUR GAME ON SUCH A SLOW HOST. So glad I got to spend fifty bucks on a game that I can't play when it comes out. I get off work, expecting to download my game within 5 minutes, and no... I have to wait a full day to download something that I want to use. Will not be buying ANY more farming simulators because of this. Should've been fixed when this guy posted this.