can't activate pressure washer (On the Hills w/ Seasons)

BitFarmer

can't activate pressure washer (On the Hills w/ Seasons)

Post by BitFarmer »

Hey,

I loaded up a new game to try out the "Seasons" mod with the "On the Hills" map. Everything was going fine. Plowed first 2 fields, then purchased a pressure washer and placed it around the main farm. For some reason it refuses to activate. When I quit the game, I discovered that it would no longer load my save.

I then started a new game and tried to purchase another pressure washer; same thing happens. This time I did not save, but quit immediately. The game reloaded fine. Purchased the pressure washer again, but tried several different locations, all to no avail.

I've attached my log file.

Thanks in advance if anyone has any ideas. :hmm:
Attachments
log.txt
(20.16 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
BitFarmer

Re: can't activate pressure washer (On the Hills w/ Seasons)

Post by BitFarmer »

Ok, so it seems to be a problem that is specific to the "On the Hills" map, because it does not occur in Lossberg with the Seasons mod active.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Wonder why there is an error with the Seasons mod...
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Henry471

Post by Henry471 »

I have experienced the same thing. I tried On the Hills without Seasons, and it worked fine. Seasons works very well on other maps. My conclusion was that there is some incompatibility between the latest version of On the Hills (which was supposed to be specifically updated for Seasons) and the Seasons mod. I have no idea how to fix it and was hoping to see an update soon.
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

This is a bug with the replacement textures specified in the map. There is a fix given in the linked post below. It is in German, but hopefully possible to understand
http://marhu.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f ... 543#p86919 :)
Henry471

Post by Henry471 »

Thank you, Reallogger. Unfortunately, I can't read German, and I wouldn't want this attempt to be my first effort at replacing textures. It should help other more experienced modders, though. Maybe I'll just wait for The West Coast.
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

Henry471 wrote:Thank you, Reallogger. Unfortunately, I can't read German, and I wouldn't want this attempt to be my first effort at replacing textures. It should help other more experienced modders, though. Maybe I'll just wait for The West Coast.
In the zip file of the map there is a file named seasons_textures.xml. The last post says you should replace the content with what I've copied down below. Please note I have not tested this myself.

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no" ?>

<textures overwrite="false" materialHolder="seasons/replacementTexturesMaterialHolder.i3d">
    <seasons>
        <spring>
            <texture shapeName="appleBranches" secondaryNodeName="appleBranches" to="ssTr_Apfel_spring" />
            <texture shapeName="pearBranches" secondaryNodeName="pearBranches" to="ssTr_Birne_spring" />
            <texture shapeName="hedge01" secondaryNodeName="hedge01" to="ssTr_hedge01_spring" />
         <texture shapeName="hedge02" secondaryNodeName="hedge02" to="ssTr_hedge02_spring" />
            <texture shapeName="hagebutte" secondaryNodeName="hagebutte" to="ssTr_hagebutte_spring" />
            <texture shapeName="schlehe" secondaryNodeName="schlehe" to="ssTr_schlehe_spring" />
         <texture shapeName="sunflower" secondaryNodeName="sunflower" to="ssTr_sunflower_spring" />
         <texture shapeName="kohl" secondaryNodeName="kohl" to="ssTr_kohl_spring" />
         <texture shapeName="tomaten" secondaryNodeName="tomaten" to="ssTr_tomaten_spring" />
         <texture shapeName="flowersLavender" secondaryNodeName="flowersLavender" to="ssTr_lavender_spring" />

<foliageLayer name="Randgras" to="foliage_spring_randgras" />
         <foliageLayer name="Unterholz" to="foliage_spring_unterholz" />
         <foliageLayer name="Haendelwurz" to="foliage_spring_h" />
         <foliageLayer name="Eisenhut" to="foliage_spring_e" />
         <foliageLayer name="Brennnessel" to="foliage_spring_b" />
        </spring>

<summer>
        </summer>

<autumn>
            <texture shapeName="erle_laub" secondaryNodeName="erle_laub" to="ssTr_Flusserle_autumn" />
         <texture shapeName="hedge02" secondaryNodeName="hedge02" to="ssTr_hedge02_autumn" />
            <texture shapeName="blumen_a" secondaryNodeName="blumen_aa" to="ssTr_blumen_aa_autumn" />
         <texture shapeName="blumen_b" secondaryNodeName="blumen_bb" to="ssTr_blumen_bb_autumn" />
         <texture shapeName="sunflower" secondaryNodeName="sunflower" to="ssTr_sunflower_autumn" />
         <texture shapeName="clotheslineSingleClothes" secondaryNodeName="clotheslineSingleClothes" to="ssTr_SingleClothes_autumn" />
         <texture shapeName="umbrellaClothes" secondaryNodeName="umbrellaClothes" to="ssTr_umbrellaClothes_autumn" />
         <texture shapeName="storch" secondaryNodeName="storch" to="ssTr_storch_autumn" />
         <texture shapeName="duck" secondaryNodeName="duck" to="ssTr_duck_autumn" />
        </autumn>

<winter>
            <texture shapeName="appleBranches" secondaryNodeName="appleBranches" to="ssTr_branches_a_winter" />
            <texture shapeName="pearBranches" secondaryNodeName="pearBranches" to="ssTr_branches_b_winter" />
            <texture shapeName="erle_laub" secondaryNodeName="erle_laub" to="ssTr_Flusserle_winter" />
            <texture shapeName="hedge01" secondaryNodeName="hedge01" to="ssTr_hedge01_winter" />
         <texture shapeName="hedge02" secondaryNodeName="hedge02" to="ssTr_hedge02_winter" />
            <texture shapeName="hagebutte" secondaryNodeName="hagebutte" to="ssTr_hagebutte_winter" />
            <texture shapeName="schlehe" secondaryNodeName="schlehe" to="ssTr_schlehe_winter" />
             <texture shapeName="blumen_a" secondaryNodeName="blumen_aa" to="ssTr_blumen_aa_winter" />
         <texture shapeName="blumen_b" secondaryNodeName="blumen_bb" to="ssTr_blumen_bb_winter" />
         <texture shapeName="sunflower" secondaryNodeName="sunflower" to="ssTr_sunflower_winter" />
         <texture shapeName="a" secondaryNodeName="a" to="ssTr_blumen_aaa_winter" />
         <texture shapeName="b" secondaryNodeName="b" to="ssTr_blumen_bbb_winter" />
         <texture shapeName="c" secondaryNodeName="c" to="ssTr_blumen_ccc_winter" />
         <texture shapeName="kohl" secondaryNodeName="kohl" to="ssTr_kohl_winter" />
         <texture shapeName="tomaten" secondaryNodeName="tomaten" to="ssTr_tomaten_winter" />
         <texture shapeName="clotheslineSingleClothes" secondaryNodeName="clotheslineSingleClothes" to="ssTr_SingleClothes_winter" />
         <texture shapeName="umbrellaClothes" secondaryNodeName="umbrellaClothes" to="ssTr_umbrellaClothes_winter" />
         <texture shapeName="storch" secondaryNodeName="storch" to="ssTr_storch_winter" />
         <texture shapeName="duck" secondaryNodeName="duck" to="ssTr_duck_winter" />
         <texture shapeName="flowersLavender" secondaryNodeName="flowersLavender" to="ssTr_lavender_winter" />

<foliageLayer name="Randgras" to="foliage_winter_randgras" />
         <foliageLayer name="Unkraut" to="foliage_winter_u" />
         <foliageLayer name="Unterholz" to="foliage_winter_unterholz" />
         <foliageLayer name="Haendelwurz" to="foliage_winter_h" />
         <foliageLayer name="Eisenhut" to="foliage_winter_e" />
         <foliageLayer name="Brennnessel" to="foliage_winter_b" />
        </winter>
    </seasons>
</textures>
Henry471

Post by Henry471 »

Thanks again. I'll give this a shot.
Henry471

Post by Henry471 »

Oh wow! I did it! It works! Thank you very, very much! My first edit of an .xml file.
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

Glad you made it to work. Well done :)
BitFarmer

Post by BitFarmer »

reallogger wrote:This is a bug with the replacement textures specified in the map. There is a fix given in the linked post below. It is in German, but hopefully possible to understand
http://marhu.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f ... 543#p86919 :)
Thanks so much for posting this solution. I had forgotten to select "notify me when a reply is posted" so just discovered your response today... :blushnew: I am also now able to use your wonderful mod with "On the Hills."

Sweet! *thumbsup*
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

BitFarmer wrote: Thanks so much for posting this solution. I had forgotten to select "notify me when a reply is posted" so just discovered your response today... :blushnew: I am also now able to use your wonderful mod with "On the Hills."

Sweet! *thumbsup*
Glad you discovered it then! :)