General software issues

1kv

General software issues

Post by 1kv »

Hello,
On Saturday my FS17 disk got delivered, and immediately I installed the game (hopefully correctly!), I then fired up the game, works fine.
Except one thing, I take the DVD out, and try to run the game, and it says "Please insert disk", even til now it won't let me run the game w/o the disk, so I have to put up with the sound coming from my horrible disk drive, as it reads the disk. That's issue 1 done. Now, I go to install some mods from the ModHub, I download the ZIPs (they all had only 1 mod in them), put them into the mods folder, done. None of my mods or maps are being read. I go to play Sandy Bay 17 (the map I installed), nothing. Can't select it. I boot up Goldcrest Valley instead, and to my surprise, no mods working.
Can someone help me please?
Thank you.
don_apple

Re: General software issues

Post by don_apple »

Hello and welcome to the forum!

The reason for your first issue is that if you bought the DVD version of the game it needs to read the diks upon startup to verify that you have a legal copy. To avoid having the disk in the drive all the time you can create an ISO image of the DV and store that on your harddrive somewhere. Then you can mound that ISO image as a "virtual" DVD when you want to play the game and it wont ask you to put the DVD in the drive anymore. For more information on how to do this please have a look at the following page:
https://www.howtogeek.com/228886/how-to ... and-linux/

Regarding your second issue: the mods most likely don't show up in the game because you don't have the latest patch installed. Please go to http://www.farming-simulator.com/update ... country=us and download and run the FarmingSimulator2017Patch1.4.4.exe to get the game updated. If the mods still don't work afterwards, please post the log.txt file of the game here (see the link 'log.txt' in my signature for instructions).
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
1kv

Re: General software issues

Post by 1kv »

Hey, thanks for your reply! A quick update of the game fixed the mod issues. I'll do the ISO thing because the error messages are getting on my nerves.
Thanks,
1kv.