Dedicated Server

Paeppchen

Dedicated Server

Post by Paeppchen »

So I have to get these of my chest, yesterday i was unable to connect to my server, which might not be Giats fault, but on the way to solve the problem I cam alone a lot of annoyance which could be fixed by Giants.
1) The door scheme. The one who programmed the web interface must have a fault in his colour vision. This green is nearly unreadable and is hurting my eyes even after a short while. what is wrong which black, red and a dark blue? and don't give me that it is not possible to change that.
2) The mods menu is from the dark ages. I don'r could figure out how this server sorts the mods. it is unbelievable that there isn't a search function, a function that you can sort the mods either after name or filename of on/off.
3) really? you can only delete one mod after another with a reload of the side after each? The activation/deactivation part allowed that.
4) No ftp? That is even before the dark ages, that is when internet was done with an acoustic coupler over the telephone line. Not even the possibility of mods download over ftp? I think this could be certainly done, even if the upload would require a restart of the server, which all of the providers have as standard in their menus.
I hope im not the only one who has issues with that. Don't get me wrong, I love the game. My friend and I play it of at least three years now. But these really are getting to me. certainly there are more issues which is the speed discrepancy between the cruise control and the real driven one.
But its great game and i love it but on the server side it needs certainly a lot of work. Its nich that you only put every two years a desktop version and even listen to the community, but I ope the community rallies behind this, because we want to play to gather and not held back by server issues which made you spend more time on the administrator page than driving the gear and doing the work on our virtual farms.
So I keep it in the very best of british traditions:
Drink tea and keep playing: Farming Simulator 17
love to you all virtual farmers and Giants who produces a great game
Rolf
Seit Ls 11 dabei
"Keep calm and play farming simulator"
At the other end of the internet is still a human being. Show some respect and manners