G-Sync 144 Hz Mointor Alt Tab Locks FPS

HowDoYouDo

G-Sync 144 Hz Mointor Alt Tab Locks FPS

Post by HowDoYouDo »

Hello,

I have unlocked the FPS on my game but every time I alt tab out of the game the FPS gets capped back at 60.

I have unlocked the FPS via the steam launcher option and then after setting the steam launcher options back to their default, editing the game.xml file and pressing F3 when in game.

In both instances have v sync turned off.

With both methods of unlocking the FPS, when I launch the game (and hit F3 in the case of editing games.xml) the frames are unlocked.

However as soon as I alt tab out of the game and tab back in, the frames are capped at 60 fps.

The only way to unlock the frames again is to either edit the video settings which causes the screen to go black for a few seconds, or just restart the game.

I have tired turning the steam overlay off and this does not have any effect.

I am also using riva tuner statistics server (RTSS) to lock my FPS to 120 after I unlock them in the game. The problem still occurs even when I run the game with RTSS off/not running.

My system Specs:

GPU: GTX 1080 (latest drivers)
RAM: 32 GB
CPU: Intel 7700K
HD: 500 GB SSD

Any help would be appreciated.
Smith Modding

Re: G-Sync 144 Hz Mointor Alt Tab Locks FPS

Post by Smith Modding »

I think other people have done this and reported this, not sure if anyone found a fix. I think it's just a glitch. I guess try not to alt tab out of the game
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
HowDoYouDo

Post by HowDoYouDo »

Ok thank you for the information.
RambosNachbar

Post by RambosNachbar »

Same problem, no fix either. I feel you, buddy.