Giants Editor Crashing When I Load Maps

Biohaz98

Giants Editor Crashing When I Load Maps

Post by Biohaz98 »

My Giants Editor keeps crashing when i load map files and when i load a car file i see blue and yellow lines no physical truck, i have updated to the latest version and it still crashes i have re tried several times.. Nothing, please help me find a solution it worked once and that's it

Ps. Is there any way i can buy giants editor
Attachments
log.txt
(204.86 KiB) Downloaded 554 times
Last edited by Biohaz98 on Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
böserlöwe
GIANTS Software | Support Engineer

Re: Giants Editor Crashing When I Load Maps

Post by böserlöwe »

Hi, the Editor is not for sale.
You can load the last and actual Version form https://gdn.giants-software.com/index.php
You have to make a registration to see the Downloads.
Biohaz98

Post by Biohaz98 »

böserlöwe wrote:Hi, the Editor is not for sale.
You can load the last and actual Version form https://gdn.giants-software.com/index.php
You have to make a registration to see the Downloads.
Alright then I am doing it right
böserlöwe

Post by böserlöwe »

which one is the last Update that you installed of FS17 Patch ... and the Version of Giants Editor is...
Which Mod or Map you like to open, you first have to Unpack the Mod.
It should be a normal Folder.

A mod as ZIP File is not the best for Modding or change something in this mod.
You have to Unpack, than you can open the i3d File with GE.
For FS17 with Patch 1.4.4.0 you need the last GE 7.1.0 from the Giants Developer NEtwork, see Link in first post.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Without more information it will be very difficult to help here. Therfore it would be good if you could post the log of the editor from the time it crashed. Also providing a link to one of the mods you try to open would help so that others can check if they are able to open the mods.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Biohaz98

Post by Biohaz98 »

böserlöwe wrote:which one is the last Update that you installed of FS17 Patch ... and the Version of Giants Editor is...
Which Mod or Map you like to open, you first have to Unpack the Mod.
It should be a normal Folder.

A mod as ZIP File is not the best for Modding or change something in this mod.
You have to Unpack, than you can open the i3d File with GE.
For FS17 with Patch 1.4.4.0 you need the last GE 7.1.0 from the Giants Developer NEtwork, see Link in first post.
Yes I Have done this and i am trying to open the mowing map and i have also tried wood meadow farms as well as the Chevy silverado service truck made by wood meadow farms
Biohaz98

Post by Biohaz98 »

don_apple wrote:Without more information it will be very difficult to help here. Therfore it would be good if you could post the log of the editor from the time it crashed. Also providing a link to one of the mods you try to open would help so that others can check if they are able to open the mods.

http://www.farming2015mods.com/farming- ... -map-v1-0/
https://www.woodmeadowfarmmodding.com/maps-2017
Attachments
log.txt
(204.86 KiB) Downloaded 291 times
böserlöwe

Post by böserlöwe »

The Moving map is made by more than one Error. thats not the best solution for a beginners.
Many Errors with Proplems in Path of Files. They ignore the rules of Mapping, XML Regularien and all of the Pic Specs.
So this is a Map for the trash, not for FS
Biohaz98

Post by Biohaz98 »

böserlöwe wrote:The Moving map is made by more than one Error. thats not the best solution for a beginners.
Many Errors with Proplems in Path of Files. They ignore the rules of Mapping, XML Regularien and all of the Pic Specs.
So this is a Map for the trash, not for FS
It also crashes when I launch wood meadow farms though how do you reccomend I un zip it and launch it
böserlöwe

Post by böserlöwe »

Ok, ist Not the best of mapmaking. But i cane Open with GE 7.1.0
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

@Biohaz98: the log.txt you've posted is from the game and not from Giants Editor. Please check the directory where GE is installed. there should be a log.txt somewhere as well.

But looking at that log.txt you posted, you seriously need to clean up your mods folder, since there are many call-stacks (which are the worst kind of errors you can get), errors and warnings. I would recommend to start by completely emptying the mods folder and then moving the mods back one by one, and after installing each mod to test it on a new career on one of the two standard maps.

Regarding modifications of a map with GE, maybe it helps to have a look at the video tutorials and reading trough the book about modding: viewtopic.php?f=897&t=116618&hilit=dummies#p907153
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
doddoshow

Post by doddoshow »

hi.well,the last version 7.1.0 is for 64bit,i managed to get the 6.0.3 version after looking a day over the internet.i still get the crash,try to load maps from fs15,and fs17.same crash.i try to load an empty map and still crashes.the maps are in a normal folder,unziped.if any developer read this,would be much appreciated to put downloads of the editor,of all the versions,at least i try them all,i get a new version notification,v 6.0.5,but when i go to the website,there is nowhere to find.the lack of info and support is amazing judging the price and the very good graphics of the game.what can i say...thanks? :-?
farmer_cro

Post by farmer_cro »

I had the same problem with GE on my Windows 10 Pro 64bit. Trying to open map and GE was constantly crashing. You need to open GE, go to File -> Preferences.. and there in General tab put Game installation path. It should work then