moving fs17 files from one harddrive to another

ninus17

moving fs17 files from one harddrive to another

Post by ninus17 »

can i please have some assistance i need to move fs17 from my ssd to my harddrive and i dont know how
playing on pc
don_apple

Re: moving fs17 files from one harddrive to another

Post by don_apple »

If you want to move the entire game then the best way most likely is to uninstall it and then install it again, telling the installer where to install the game.

Alternatively you can just move the mods folder to save some space on the SSD: viewtopic.php?f=896&t=104932
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
ninus17

Post by ninus17 »

don_apple wrote:If you want to move the entire game then the best way most likely is to uninstall it and then install it again, telling the installer where to install the game.

Alternatively you can just move the mods folder to save some space on the SSD: viewtopic.php?f=896&t=104932
ok so i just had a look at my files and because i bought the game through steam the game files are located on my harddrive but my saves are located on my ssd. is there a way to move the fs17 folder that lies within the folder my games which is located on my ssd to my harddrive without having to reinstall the whole game
playing on pc
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Look at the thread I‘ve linked, there you should find all the info you need.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
ninus17

Post by ninus17 »

don_apple wrote:Look at the thread I‘ve linked, there you should find all the info you need.
but if i do this can i move the whole folder that contains both the saves and the mods or only the mods im a little bit confused
playing on pc
ninus17

Post by ninus17 »

ninus17 wrote:
don_apple wrote:Look at the thread I‘ve linked, there you should find all the info you need.
but if i do this can i move the whole folder that contains both the saves and the mods or only the mods im a little bit confused
so i just tryed it and it did not work it just made a new set of files on my ssd :-?
playing on pc
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

You can not move the FarmingSimulator2017 folder as far as I know. But you can move the entire „My Documents“ folder: http://www.dummies.com/computers/operat ... indows-10/
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

FS22 Bugtracker