Game freezing

farmerkath

Game freezing

Post by farmerkath »

Not sure if it is my computer or a fault with a mod or problem since the last update for farming Simulator but every time I log out of a game, the screen will freeze and stay that way, it will not go back to the main screen to log out. The only way I can close it is to close down my computer, had no problems with the game before the update, I am going to take out a few mods to see if one of them is conflicting, the log file is not helping as it's telling me there is a mouse event whatever that means.

Edit don_apple: moved to 'Techniclal support' section. 'ModHub Mod Bug-Reports' should only be used to report specific issues with mods from the official ModHub.
Pict

Re: Game freezing

Post by Pict »

Better to test without any mods first and save yourself lots of time

A really quick way to do this is just rename your mods folder to, say modsbak or whatever you like really. This way the game will run without mods for you to test it and you don't have to move stuff around. Just rename it back to mods when your done and you will be back to where you started faster than I typed up this reply :)

If you like the idea of having more than one mods folder, for testing stuff or the like, there was a cool little program dajnet did for FS15 called MFS or Mods Folder Switcher, it works on FS17 too and I use it often as it make swapping between mods folder a breeze

If you do a search for dajnet MFS you will run into it

Edit; if you get a big freeze like this, if you haven't already tried...I would suggest you try Ctrl+Alt+Del to access the task manager and force FS17 to close from there, rather than shutting down you computer in a hard fashion like that, as it could wreck your hard drive.
Last edited by Pict on Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Pointer

Post by Pointer »

Do you use the mod "Commodity Prices"? Remove it and test again

-> viewtopic.php?f=940&t=119164

If you want to use the mod anyway, you can test the following to close the game.
After click on "Save" go to the Console and type "quit" or "exit" and press enter. The Game should shutdown to Desktop.
Last edited by Pointer on Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gruß Pointer

Das Problem an langfristiger Planung ist, dass sie sehr kurzfristig über den Haufen geworfen werden kann

Der Horizont vieler Menschen ist ein Kreis mit dem Radius Null - und das nennen sie ihren Standpunkt.
Albert Einstein
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Even if the log.txt doesn't seem to give you any meaningful hints what might be wrong it would still help to post it here so that others can have a look and get a better idea about what is going wrong (see the link 'log.txt' in my signature for instructions on how to post the log.txt here).
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
farmerkath

Post by farmerkath »

Pict wrote:Better to test without any mods first and save yourself lots of time

A really quick way to do this is just rename your mods folder to, say modsbak or whatever you like really. This way the game will run without mods for you to test it and you don't have to move stuff around. Just rename it back to mods when your done and you will be back to where you started faster than I typed up this reply :)

If you like the idea of having more than one mods folder, for testing stuff or the like, there was a cool little program dajnet did for FS15 called MFS or Mods Folder Switcher, it works on FS17 too and I use it often as it make swapping between mods folder a breeze

If you do a search for dajnet MFS you will run into it

Edit; if you get a big freeze like this, if you haven't already tried...I would suggest you try Ctrl+Alt+Del to access the task manager and force FS17 to close from there, rather than shutting down you computer in a hard fashion like that, as it could wreck your hard drive.

I have tried Ctrl+Alt+Del but even that doesn't work, it will not let me click on the box to close the game, going to remove some mods to see if any are conflicting, thanks for the heads up on that program will look into it, thanks
farmerkath

Post by farmerkath »

From my log file I found two things that were conflicting with the game, one was courseplay 5 which I removed and the other was a program on my computer, Microsoft mouse and keyboard control centre which also was removed. My game is back to normal, so thank you for all your help
Pict

Post by Pict »

farmerkath wrote:...thanks for the heads up on that program will look into it, thanks
Your welcome, I should also have mentioned MOD Manager FS17 which is another more powerful little tool I use, it can also change the mods folder location, but does so much more, like cataloging the mods in your folder and the ability to make easy edits to them, install, delete or deactivate individual mods, it's pretty cool and been on the go for a while. Current version 2.1.0.0 just came out and I find is a bit buggy, but version 2.0 has been out since February is quit solid and portable, so runs from the folder you unzip it to, no need to install on your system.

Here's their webpage, http://dizelsoft.ucoz.ua/ it's in Russian :) but the program itself is multi lingual, but if you struggle to find the down load button marked Скачать or just want to have a read in English or whatever, pop the link into a web page translator like https://translate.yandex.com/translate and your good to go.
farmerkath wrote:From my log file I found two things that were conflicting with the game, one was courseplay 5 which I removed and the other was a program on my computer, Microsoft mouse and keyboard control centre which also was removed. My game is back to normal, so thank you for all your help
Glad you got it sorted :) , I was intrigued to hear about the MS mouse & keyboard centre, as I had installed that too a while back and although I have never found it useful, I clean forgot to remove it. Thanks for reminding me :)

Do you remember what version of Course Play 5 you had installed?, as I'm surprised it would be such a problem. Did you get it from the Modhub, or was it a developer version from github, or did you get it some other place?
farmerkath

Post by farmerkath »

Pict wrote:
farmerkath wrote:...thanks for the heads up on that program will look into it, thanks
Your welcome, I should also have mentioned MOD Manager FS17 which is another more powerful little tool I use, it can also change the mods folder location, but does so much more, like cataloging the mods in your folder and the ability to make easy edits to them, install, delete or deactivate individual mods, it's pretty cool and been on the go for a while. Current version 2.1.0.0 just came out and I find is a bit buggy, but version 2.0 has been out since February is quit solid and portable, so runs from the folder you unzip it to, no need to install on your system.

Thanks for the heads up on Mod Manager, will look into it

Here's their webpage, http://dizelsoft.ucoz.ua/ it's in Russian :) but the program itself is multi lingual, but if you struggle to find the down load button marked Скачать or just want to have a read in English or whatever, pop the link into a web page translator like https://translate.yandex.com/translate and your good to go.
farmerkath wrote:From my log file I found two things that were conflicting with the game, one was courseplay 5 which I removed and the other was a program on my computer, Microsoft mouse and keyboard control centre which also was removed. My game is back to normal, so thank you for all your help

Glad you got it sorted :) , I was intrigued to hear about the MS mouse & keyboard centre, as I had installed that too a while back and although I have never found it useful, I clean forgot to remove it. Thanks for reminding me :)

Do you remember what version of Course Play 5 you had installed?, as I'm surprised it would be such a problem. Did you get it from the Modhub, or was it a developer version from github, or did you get it some other place?
The course play 5 was from FS themselves, it to,d me there was an update but after installing it, my log file said there were errors with the file
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

As requested before it would be good if you could post the log.txt here so that others have a better chance to see what is going wrong and help you to fix it.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Foxy1973

Post by Foxy1973 »

Did update tonight on Ps4. Still freezing or stuttering. So tryed uninstalling and reinstalling no different. Not happy as got new dlc and still can't play. Please fix problem on Ps4.