Bonus content DLC Platinum?¿

markare

Re: Bonus content DLC Platinum?¿

Post by markare »

CrzGamerboy22x wrote:
P.S. DO NOT DARE respond by saying you didn't because you are only helping to prove my point. The only way I could have gotten it was if I bought the darn game again and that would be the most stupid thing ever and you never said that the sprayer was an exclusive to people who pre-orderd off your site. You have no way out of this and obviously didn't think this through. oh and also DON'T not respond because that also will help prove my point. Thank you and have a wonderful day...
They did state it was only if you pre ordered off their website. Release notes are provided for a reason so that excuse is null and void. This was said as soon as they announced this dlc
So thank YOU and have a wonderful day.
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

CrzGamerboy22x wrote:So to summarize, if you didn't order the Platinum Update from the Giants website for your ps4 game, then you don't get the sprayer...

Now this is where I get confused, because I pre-orderd the full FS17 game with season pass on my PS4 when the game first came out. Then a few months ago, this update gets announced and right then and there I was screwed because I didn't get it off giants? A year ago I didn't even know this was coming out and because of that get a middle finger from giants... cool... real cool...

I used to like and stand up for you giants, but this is a new low and really stupid.

I demand that all console players get some sort of item in return for free because this is ridiculous. Or at least a public apology saying you guys screwed PS4 players over that Pre-orderd the season pass.

P.S. DO NOT DARE respond by saying you didn't because you are only helping to prove my point. The only way I could have gotten it was if I bought the darn game again and that would be the most stupid thing ever and you never said that the sprayer was an exclusive to people who pre-orderd off your site. You have no way out of this and obviously didn't think this through. oh and also DON'T not respond because that also will help prove my point. Thank you and have a wonderful day...
Edit by guil. Personal abuse won't be tolerated against anyone.

I usually don't respond to posts like this, simply because people who think they can come in and start 'DO NOT DARE' 'I demand' ect. should not think that this encourages us to respond or do anything, but I have a great time right now, so why not.

Let's start exactly here:

I'm happy to discuss things and I'm happy to talk to you guys, but I think we should keep the conversation polite. This is not a schoolyard and I won't have a discussion that's basically yelling and ranting. So for future reference: If you want to talk about something, feel free... I'm here, I'm on Discord, I'm on Facebook/Twitter and I'm happy to talk about all things Farming Simulator (even if I can't see everyting, so sometimes it takes some time till I respond), but if you keep posting like this, I won't respond. That simple.

With that out of the way, let's dive into the issue here.

First of all: Is it a 'new low and really stupid'? We do this for years now (FS 15 GOLD Edition had it already. Proof: http://www.farming-simulator.com/dlc-de ... d=fs15gold) and it has always been the same. So there is that.
and you never said that the sprayer was an exclusive to people who pre-orderd off your site
Well, actually.... the ONLY way to find the sprayer is if you use our shop site for PC, if you did find the sprayer on any other side, let me know. So yeah we did. What I have to give you here is: It's not clear enough on our shop site, that's fair to say and we need to make this better. We assumed that only people who want to buy our game via our website would go to the shop, but it seems other people did that as well. Not cool and clearly our fault.

Demanding a free item is, to me, a very weird demand to be honest. You are basically saying: There is something only a few people get, others won't and I'm upset so create something ony a few players (myself included) get and others won't. That's not a great solution I'd say.
Valtra Cow and Challenger Viper Editions were supposed to be pre-order bonuses only for those who pre-ordered the game. However, immediately upon release, Giants released the Cow and Viper paints for everyone to download.
As mentioned before, it's not the first time we did that. As mentioned by me before: We KNOW console players had no chance to pre order (you might want to check my post history) and we understand console players want it as well- As pointed out by Faelandaea, we've always delivered a solution for everyone (if possible) and we will continue to do so. With everyone at Agritechnica right now, things move slower than usual for you guys and that's unfortunate for sure, nevertheless they are moving.

Cheers
Lis
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
somethingonmyshoe2

Post by somethingonmyshoe2 »

lol the ifs and but bit (ps4). if you have the season pass in a way you pre-orderd the dlc . lol
empato

Post by empato »

@Lisertan

Thumbs up! Not more to say about it.
DukaSoft

Post by DukaSoft »

I kinda thought there was a bonus for "preordering on Steam" :hmm:
Maybe I didn't read, good enough, what I bought :blushnew:

It's a bummer, but well...
...Thank god sugarcane wasn't the preorder bonus :lol:

Lesson learned... read before you buy :search:
And now I'm back to tend to my sugar needs :hi:
PC User
Specs:
Intel i7-6700k @4.00Ghz
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070
16GB - 2133MHz RAM
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Farmer_S

Post by Farmer_S »

Guys, a few of the modsites have it now. I just seen it this morning. So if you're really desperate, then check on a few modsites, should find it.
swg

Post by swg »

@Giants

I can say I was one that looked into your website and just rushed to steam to buy it, as for me is was a Pre Order bonus and not a your website buy only. You can blame me for being in a rush to buy your products, being excited for tyhe release... for not reading all the details in Steam and that is fair (and in steam it do not list all the machines, that is why me and all others went to your website).

I am a fan of FS17 and to be honest I felt disapointed on that.

If you get less money by steam and that is why you put on your website only, no worries, put it to sail for a few EUR/USD/etc on steam the sprayer. I dont really mind paying a reasonable price on that.

For me communication was a big problem and the ones that really rushed to buy... like me...lessons learned that FS is a bad game to have DLC managed/purchased on steam. I should only get on your website.
wildflower

Post by wildflower »

Hi Lisertan,

Since there is a lot of demand for the MF sprayer, me included, i like it 2, is there no possibility to put it for buying? Perhaps on a democratic price and perhaps you guys earn still something from it? :hmm:
XBOX1 player: feel free to add: bonjolino :hi:
Vanquish081

Post by Vanquish081 »

Buy it?! Is a mod of FS13.

I prefer to buy the DLC on Steam with an offer to pay € 3 for the MF 9030, there are many sprayers... you also have the Horsch Pack that is practically the same.
tom5051
Boardurlaub/Boardholidays

Post by tom5051 »

Don't bother with the sprayer, the Platinum Pack is not worth the money, new map looks awful, corrupts saved games, takes ages to quit the game . Blah at Sugar Cane DLC
CrzGamerboy22x

Post by CrzGamerboy22x »

eric21 wrote:
CrzGamerboy22x wrote:
Lisertan wrote:
We didn't. It's a pre order content for players who pre ordered on our website. As stream users do not pre order on our website, they are not eligible for the sprayer. If I understand your other posts right, then you are on console, right? Same issue: You didn't pre order on our website, so you are not eligible for the sprayer.

Hope that helps.
Lars
So to summarize, if you didn't order the Platinum Update from the Giants website for your ps4 game, then you don't get the sprayer...

Now this is where I get confused, because I pre-orderd the full FS17 game with season pass on my PS4 when the game first came out. Then a few months ago, this update gets announced and right then and there I was screwed because I didn't get it off giants? A year ago I didn't even know this was coming out and because of that get a middle finger from giants... cool... real cool...

I used to like and stand up for you giants, but this is a new low and really stupid.

I demand that all console players get some sort of item in return for free because this is ridiculous. Or at least a public apology saying you guys screwed PS4 players over that Pre-orderd the season pass.

P.S. DO NOT DARE respond by saying you didn't because you are only helping to prove my point. The only way I could have gotten it was if I bought the darn game again and that would be the most stupid thing ever and you never said that the sprayer was an exclusive to people who pre-orderd off your site. You have no way out of this and obviously didn't think this through. oh and also DON'T not respond because that also will help prove my point. Thank you and have a wonderful day... :)
Well i can see someone pays too much COD :)
If your talking about me, then your totally wrong. I have never liked COD and never will.
CrzGamerboy22x

Post by CrzGamerboy22x »

Lisertan wrote:
CrzGamerboy22x wrote:So to summarize, if you didn't order the Platinum Update from the Giants website for your ps4 game, then you don't get the sprayer...

I usually don't respond to posts like this, simply because people who think they can come in and start 'DO NOT DARE' 'I demand' ect. should not think that this encourages us to respond or do anything, but I have a great time right now, so why not.

I'm happy to discuss things and I'm happy to talk to you guys, but I think we should keep the conversation polite. This is not a schoolyard and I won't have a discussion that's basically yelling and ranting. So for future reference: If you want to talk about something, feel free... I'm here, I'm on Discord, I'm on Facebook/Twitter and I'm happy to talk about all things Farming Simulator (even if I can't see everyting, so sometimes it takes some time till I respond), but if you keep posting like this, I won't respond. That simple.

First of all: Is it a 'new low and really stupid'? We do this for years now (FS 15 GOLD Edition had it already. Proof: http://www.farming-simulator.com/dlc-de ... d=fs15gold) and it has always been the same. So there is that.
and you never said that the sprayer was an exclusive to people who pre-orderd off your site
Well, actually.... the ONLY way to find the sprayer is if you use our shop site for PC, if you did find the sprayer on any other side, let me know. So yeah we did. What I have to give you here is: It's not clear enough on our shop site, that's fair to say and we need to make this better. We assumed that only people who want to buy our game via our website would go to the shop, but it seems other people did that as well. Not cool and clearly our fault.

Demanding a free item is, to me, a very weird demand to be honest. You are basically saying: There is something only a few people get, others won't and I'm upset so create something ony a few players (myself included) get and others won't. That's not a great solution I'd say.
Valtra Cow and Challenger Viper Editions were supposed to be pre-order bonuses only for those who pre-ordered the game. However, immediately upon release, Giants released the Cow and Viper paints for everyone to download.
As mentioned before, it's not the first time we did that. As mentioned by me before: We KNOW console players had no chance to pre order (you might want to check my post history) and we understand console players want it as well- As pointed out by Faelandaea, we've always delivered a solution for everyone (if possible) and we will continue to do so. With everyone at Agritechnica right now, things move slower than usual for you guys and that's unfortunate for sure, nevertheless they are moving.

Cheers
Lis
Ok, I was very rude with how I worded all of that and I'm sorry i did so, but I've had to deal with support from other game companies and that's where I got the "DO NOT DARE" from and its become a bad habit, so I apologize for that.

I was just frustrated when I saw there was a bonus sprayer and was pumped to get it, but get in the game and see nothing. So I'm just confused on what it took to get it and where it said it. I also didn't know console had a couple things PC did not have, so I learned something there.

So sorry for my behavior, just was tired and confused at the time. I now just have the one final question of, Was it possible for Console to get it?
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

CrzGamerboy22x wrote:
Lisertan wrote:

First of all: Is it a 'new low and really stupid'? We do this for years now (FS 15 GOLD Edition had it already. Proof: http://www.farming-simulator.com/dlc-de ... 15gold) and it has always been the same. So there is that.

Cheers
Lis
Ok, I was very rude with how I worded all of that and I'm sorry i did so, but I've had to deal with support from other game companies and that's where I got the "DO NOT DARE" from and its become a bad habit, so I apologize for that.

I was just frustrated when I saw there was a bonus sprayer and was pumped to get it, but get in the game and see nothing. So I'm just confused on what it took to get it and where it said it. I also didn't know console had a couple things PC did not have, so I learned something there.

So sorry for my behavior, just was tired and confused at the time. I now just have the one final question of, Was it possible for Console to get it?
It isn't yet. He said might be later though
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
mrmayhem17

Post by mrmayhem17 »

OK, Mr. Lisertan, lets discuss, how I intended in my post.

It's not about the sprayer itself (very nice BTW), I mean, FS is a great community for mods, probably we will find great sprayers out there, it's about the way Giants reveal the bonus content. I think social media ads redirected to Giants site, which made people believe that the bonus was for the preorder in any buy method.....(like I said, which this in mind I preorder from Steam thinking I'll get the sprayer).

You say for years Giants do that, but I'm a FS rookie (started in 17), already have 1100hs+ in the game and I DIDN'T KNOW that GIANTS give bonus content for purchase in the site. That's what I want to discuss, to avoid future problems to GIANTS and for its clients. I think there is a misinformation and you guys have to change the way you advertise these bonus contents.

Giants do a great job listening to players, and we hope we players keep growing the community more and more with discussions like these.
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

mrmayhem17 wrote:OK, Mr. Lisertan, lets discuss, how I intended in my post.

It's not about the sprayer itself (very nice BTW), I mean, FS is a great community for mods, probably we will find great sprayers out there, it's about the way Giants reveal the bonus content. I think social media ads redirected to Giants site, which made people believe that the bonus was for the preorder in any buy method.....(like I said, which this in mind I preorder from Steam thinking I'll get the sprayer).

You say for years Giants do that, but I'm a FS rookie (started in 17), already have 1100hs+ in the game and I DIDN'T KNOW that GIANTS give bonus content for purchase in the site. That's what I want to discuss, to avoid future problems to GIANTS and for its clients. I think there is a misinformation and you guys have to change the way you advertise these bonus contents.

Giants do a great job listening to players, and we hope we players keep growing the community more and more with discussions like these.
Fair point. I think I said that before: We could have done better with comunicating here. I'll make sure we do that in the future. It's been like this since .. well forever really... and I'm quite new to the company myself, so to be completely open and honest with you guys here: I was suprised to see the complains, because I was under the impression that's just how things are. That being said, I do understand them, it's not cool to see content and get the message: You will not get it! What's the point? If I play a game, then I want the content everyone else gets as well. I do understand there are exclusives (like when you are at an event and get something there ect.) and that's fine, but in the case of the sprayer it's a bit different.

That brings us to the technical side of things: It ultimatively is a mod. That means: Whoever owns it can share it, so steam users can get it if they know someone who owns it (and let's face it, it's available for download out there quite fast). That leaves us with the console side of things. From what I understand, in the past these things have been made available for 1€ or something (like the viper) and I honestly expect this to happen here as well. In an ideal world, it woudl already be available, but with everyone at Agritechnica right now, things are a bit slower than usual. We will get this sorted.

Someone asked why we do this and have content for players who buy on our website and someone else answered this already with 'they make more money if you buy it on their website, so they want you to buy it there rather than on steam'. I could try to find excuses or anything, but I follow my 'no bullsh*t' rule (basically, I'll never tell you guys lies on purpose) so I'll go with the direct answer: he is right. Plain and simple. For every game we sell, we have to pay our Publishers as well as Sony/MS/Nintendo (console) or Valve (steam). If we sell the game on our website, then we don't have to pay steam and that should lead to more money for us. I honestly can't tell you how significant that is, as I don't know these things, but it should be obvious that there is more money to be made if you don't have to pay a different company. If this guy is right (https://www.quora.com/Valve-company-Wha ... from-sales) then we are talking about 30% here.

TL;dr We will try to do better with comunicating, we will find a way for console, but the team is at the Agritechnica, so please bear with us a little longer.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon