Missing Input in control menu

W1der

Missing Input in control menu

Post by W1der »

I have a lot of lines in the controls menu looking like this ...

I get that it is convenient that the game remembers the inputs if I use multiple mod folders or want to reinstall the mod later on.
But why not just add some code in to the game that at least hides these lines, in the controls menu, when the mod is not present in the active mod folder?

I like to map my own buttons for most functions in the game, but when the menu is looking like this (all over) it is starting to get difficult to find your way around ... :blushnew:

Also ... a lot of modders "forget" to do the clever thing that the creator of the "CSZ set" did. Name the line so that one knows what mod the inputs belong to! ... :this:
I have a lot of lines that I am clueless of what mod they belong to ... :confusednew:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
don_apple

Re: Missing Input in control menu

Post by don_apple »

If you see this as an issue that Giants should look into and possibly fix then please report it as a bug in the 'Bug-Reports' section: viewforum.php?f=936 (please follow the guidelines in viewtopic.php?f=936&t=110383 when creating the bug report)

The devs won't be able to look at every random post in the forum to see if there is a bug report or feature request that needs some attention from them.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
W1der

Re: Missing Input in control menu

Post by W1der »

Well ... the "main issue" here is that modders don not name the lines so that one easily understands "what is what".
Not sure if that is something GIANTS can fix !?

I just spent 15 minutes clearing the missing inputs manually in the inputbinding.xml.
But not everyone knows how to do this ...
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5