Overloading = Slow vehicle speed

FiremanDJ

Overloading = Slow vehicle speed

Post by FiremanDJ »

When overloading / pipe discharging, the vehicle speed is reduced to almost nothing, 3kph.
It isn't a problem when unloading grain from a harvester, but I'm trying to use a snow blower mod. Moving along at 3kph is ridiculous.

Scenario, I have the snow blower on my Unimog. I turn on the snow blower, my speed is unaffected. I lower the blower, speed unaffected, I start scooping snow, speed unaffected, I "unload here" to discharge it and the wheels lock up to 3kph, I come screeching to a crawl and can't move any faster even down hill.

I've tried modding the blower to require only 1hp, modding the Unimog to have extreme power, removing all mods that might affect (clearly can't remove the map, Unimog, Snowblower or Seasons mods) etc.
I've tried different mods collect and discharge mods (the universal loader) and different vehicles.
All combines, tippers, forage wagons etc do it with either unload or unload here.

100% sure this is caused by a mod or update, but can't seem to identify it.
I'm hoping someone else has had this problem and found out the cause or an alternative solution to it.

Thanks in advance.
egoego

Re: Overloading = Slow vehicle speed

Post by egoego »

The Better Fuel Usage mod or the GearBox mod could be the cause of this.
FiremanDJ

Post by FiremanDJ »

Better Fuel Usage is the one, aka FS17_FuelUsageDisplay.zip.

Must have missed that one thinking it only displayed the usage.
I'll have a dig into to see if I can remove or adjust the limit.

Thank you very much.
FiremanDJ

Post by FiremanDJ »

In the Moddesc, remove the reference to the pipe.lua and overloading is no longer affected, in-case anyone has a similar issue and still wants to use this mod.
Will affect its use in multiplayer, so mod one copy and share it amongst the players on your server if you must (but no uploading elsewhere, that's a right reserved for the original mod author).