Error Loading Custom Map

amx.k

Error Loading Custom Map

Post by amx.k »

I've been editing a map for my self and I've ran into an issue. I imported a building from another map (Oregon Springs) knowing that I would have to update my modDesc and animatedObjects files to allow the overhead door triggers to work. Before I started messing with those files, I started a new game with the map to make sure that all the textures were there. Everything looked fine. So I started to alter the modDesc and animatedObjects files for the doors to work. Once I finished I tried again to start a new game with the map but my map did not show up as an option when selecting a map to play. I checked my log and this is what it told me about my map: [see attachment] The map name is GrayTownShipFarms

I've looked on other forums to figure out the issue with no luck. I'm assuming it is something to do with the way I input the text for the doors in the modDesc and animatedObjects files. I can not seem to figure out what is wrong.
I will attach a copy of the animatedObjects file. I'm not sure how I would need to post the modDesc since it will not allow me to.
Attachments
log.txt
(8.67 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
animatedObjects.xml
(46.34 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
BostonJohnny1226

Re: Error Loading Custom Map

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

Do you have the latest patch 1.5.1? You have a bunch of missing and probably outdated modDescs in you log. Tty the map without any mods in the mods folder. Good luck
amx.k

Re: Error Loading Custom Map

Post by amx.k »

After taking a break from looking at the modDesc and comparing it to other maps I figured out what my issue was. It was just some stupid mistakes on my part! Now my map works flawlessly!