Saving mods in pdlc folder question.

kwaka

Saving mods in pdlc folder question.

Post by kwaka »

Hi. Just had a thought and wondered if feasible or could cause problems.

Long explanation so please bare with me and read below.

Basically, because maps and some mods conflict with each other and most map makers advise not having other maps in the mods folder.

What I am thinking of doing is having several mods folders with 1 map and accompanying mods on my desktop.(Not within the game files) Then just swop them in and out of game depending on the map you want to play.

Reason being as use different mods for UK maps and US maps. Having all the mods in one folder and just swopping the maps is ok, but risks mods conflicting with each other. So by having a couple of different mod folders is better to find any conflicts etc.

My whole point of the post is to find out if it is wise to add your default (always used) "go to" mods like ....seasons / gps / chopped straw etc in to the games pdlc folder where the likes of Big Bud - Kuhn and other official dlcs get placed?
I know they still need to be activated in game as before.

These get loaded automatically in game even if the main mods folder is empty. I know you can have zipped mod style files in th pdlc folder as my pre order cow edition valtra and viper caterpillar are in that folder and always get loaded. Noticed this when added the paid Straw Harvest add on to the pdlc folder the other day.
Know it may seem pointless as can have them in the Map folder anyway.

Other than not being picked up for future updates in mod section, is there any other reason why couldn't add some mods to the pdlc folder in game?
don_apple

Re: Saving mods in pdlc folder question.

Post by don_apple »

As the name states the 'pdlc' folder is for the DLCs and should therefore only be used for those. Mods and Mod-Maps should always be put in the mods folder.

With the current system where you can select which mods you want to activate at the start of a new career or when loading a savegame, and since the game since patch 1.5.1 doesn't allow anymore to select multiple mod-maps on the mod activation screen, it actually shouldn't be necessary to have multiple separate mod folders and do copy mods around between them.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
kwaka

Post by kwaka »

Ok. Thanks for that info.
Thought the fact the extra maps were actually in the mods folder caused conflict. Not the fact if they were selected or not in the selection screen prior to save start.
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

Mods that are not selected _do not load_.
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

All mods load when you first start the game, though. They all show in the log, and when I empty my mods folder to test something, the game loads a good bit faster than it does after I've put them back in!
I'm not saying they affect each other until they're loaded into a savegame, I wouldn't know either way. I just don't believe it's correct to say that they don't load.
If my thinking is wrong, could you explain how, please?
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc