Only one Multiplayer per household?

vbluguitar

Only one Multiplayer per household?

Post by vbluguitar »

Ok, to start with - this is a problem that I have had with both FS15 and FS17. This problem has spanned across 4 or 5 different computers with different hardware, and across 3 different routers, Linksys, Netgear, and D-Link.

I like to play Farm Sim 17 with my kids on our LAN. Somedays everything works great, somedays nothing works at all. It's totally random. Sometimes rebooting works, sometimes restarting the router works. Sometimes nothing works.

Here are the symptoms, as best as I can describe them. I start a game on my desktop as a server. I connect up to "international" and the server goes live. My friends who don't live in my house can connect, from all over the world actually. (I have people who play with us from the US, Germany, Poland, UK, Australia, all without issues). Even with all of this working, my Laptop can't connect. In fact, my Laptop can't even see the international server. As soon as you click any of the servers, International, Germany, Germany 2 and so forth you get the "cannot connect to server" message. Now, I turn my desktop game off, and low and behold, the laptop can now connect, but if I try to connect the desktop, I get the same "cannot connect to server" message that the laptop was getting earlier.

My internet is a 300 down 50 up connection, so it's not the ISP, and all my worldwide friends can connect to me all the time anyway, even when this is going on, no issues. So the problem seems to rest in the fact that I can't play two copies of FS multiplayer from one location at once. And yes, they are both legal copies (I own 3, one for me and 2 for my kids). Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
DukaSoft

Re: Only one Multiplayer per household?

Post by DukaSoft »

You could try to change the default multiplayer port on one of the PC's

"gameSettings.xml" contains the port data
The file is in "Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2017"

Code: Select all

<defaultMultiplayerPort>10823</defaultMultiplayerPort>
PC User
Specs:
Intel i7-6700k @4.00Ghz
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070
16GB - 2133MHz RAM
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
vbluguitar

Post by vbluguitar »

DukaSoft wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:45 am You could try to change the default multiplayer port on one of the PC's

"gameSettings.xml" contains the port data
The file is in "Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2017"

Code: Select all

<defaultMultiplayerPort>10823</defaultMultiplayerPort>
Thank You DukaSoft - I will try that this week.
Slivicon

Post by Slivicon »

I also like to play with my son on our home network while connecting to a dedicated server outside of the network. What ended up being the cause of our particular issues was that I had to go in to my router settings and enable UPNP as well as change the NAT translation setting to OPEN. After that, I was able to have us both connect from two computers on the same home network. I guess the dedicated server was getting confused without the router enabling UPNP and OPEN NAT translation, so only one of us could connect at any given time.

Not sure if that will help in your particular situation, but might be worth checking.