Small traveling joystick recommendation

Exfarmer89

Small traveling joystick recommendation

Post by Exfarmer89 »

I play FS 17 on a laptop. I travel around a lot. Right now I just control the vehicles with the keyboard. I want better and more precise speed and steering control than what the keyboard provides. I do have keyboard control mods installed, but still would like more. I would like to change to a small joystick that will be compact and easy to travel with. I am not ready to step up to the full steering wheel yet. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Pointer

Re: Small traveling joystick recommendation

Post by Pointer »

Wireless Gamepad like Logitech F710?

Or something like this small one -> https://www.banggood.com/de/Multifuncti ... rehouse=CN
Gruß Pointer

Das Problem an langfristiger Planung ist, dass sie sehr kurzfristig über den Haufen geworfen werden kann

Der Horizont vieler Menschen ist ein Kreis mit dem Radius Null - und das nennen sie ihren Standpunkt.
Albert Einstein
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

I recommend the Logitech F310. It's cheap and portable, the wire easily wraps around the controller, or just use the tie it comes with.
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Exfarmer89

Post by Exfarmer89 »

Thanks for your responses. I will look into all of them.
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

Xbox one controller is what i use. And it uses Bluetooth so it's wireless *thumbsup*
W1der

Post by W1der »

I would not use a joystick unless I had a steering wheel and pedals ... so a XB1 controller would be my no1 choice as a stand alone controller.
Using buttons in combination you can practically eliminate using the keyboard, but that is a lot of time spent setting it up and also hard to remember all combinations!
In some aspects a gamepad is the best controller for this game, but having a wheel with pedals and a joystick adds a lot of "realism" ... :)

Here is a link to an old post I made when I was playing with the XB1 controller ...
Scroll down and hit the spoiler button to see how I had it setup.

viewtopic.php?f=834&t=95844
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Borisimo

Post by Borisimo »

I also recommend Logitech F310. I have the same.
But my hunsaband like xb1 controller.He says that it is more convenient for him
"Fight with a happy heart." Jons Guide
W1der

Post by W1der »

Actually I use the "XB1 Elite" controller as it has some extra features that I like ...
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5