G920 not working with FS17 - how to uninstall but keep map?

danielrwood11

G920 not working with FS17 - how to uninstall but keep map?

Post by danielrwood11 »

Hi,

As the title says my G920 is not working with FS17 after a few days of plain sailing. If I press a button, the F1 helpbox changes to show the buttons that each command would be on my wheel, but when I press the button on my wheel, or turn the wheel, or press a pedal, nothing happens. The axis are recognised in assignment, and I have gamepads/controllers enabled.

What confuses me most is how it worked before so smoothly, and now it has simply stopped working completely and utterly.

Is there a way to fix this? Has anyone experienced the same problems?

If the solution were to do a complete fresh install of my game, how would I keep the map that me and my friends have been playing? Is there a way to do this?

Thank you for all your help!

(P.S I've tried to look how to find the log.txt file. None of the tutorials were applicable to me, I couldn't find it.)
StoneC0ld

Re: G920 not working with FS17 - how to uninstall but keep map?

Post by StoneC0ld »

The 1.5.3 update appears to have broken controllers/input bindings.

Someone said that Giants has said in the German forum that they are aware of the problem and are working on a hotfix.
danielrwood11

Post by danielrwood11 »

StoneC0ld wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:04 pm The 1.5.3 update appears to have broken controllers/input bindings.

Someone said that Giants has said in the German forum that they are aware of the problem and are working on a hotfix.
Thank you for this valuable information! Shame I spent around 2 hours trying to fix this :(

Ah well, thank you for your quick help!

Edit: Any idea how long the hotfix will be?
NateS

Post by NateS »

There has been no response to you last question from Giants since it's the middle of the night there. I would hope some time tomorrow morning.
PC & PS4