Dedicated Server Complaining About Disc not in Drive

Kalavar

Dedicated Server Complaining About Disc not in Drive

Post by Kalavar »

I bought the digital download version from the giants site in order to run a dedicated server. I also bought all of the DLC from the giants site specifically for the dedicated server. I have setup the server after mounting the ISO that I downloaded, installing the game and DLC. When I attempt to start the server from the web UI I get this error in the game.log:
GIANTS Engine Runtime 7.0.0 (15681) 64bit (Build Date: Dec 7 2017)
Copyright (c) 2008-2017, GIANTS Software GmbH (giants-software.com), All Rights Reserved.
Copyright (c) 2003-2017, Christian Ammann and Stefan Geiger, All Rights Reserved.
Application: FarmingSimulator2017
Main System
CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E31270 @ 3.40GHz
Memory: 32758 MB
Physics System
Version: 5.9.5
Thread(s): 2
Error: Insert disc
Please insert game disc into your drive
The ISO is still mounted and I cannot burn the DVD and put it in the drive as this server is located in a datacenter halfway across the country from me. I ran 2015 on this server without having to have a disc in the drive.

Can someone Please help?

Thanks
geforumjak

Re: Dedicated Server Complaining About Disc not in Drive

Post by geforumjak »

nice server... I need 32G of ram when I have a zillion browser windows open!!! Running Steam apps rather than DD, so no direct experience... I assume you checked the server logs for more info on the error.. but perhaps your driver mapping got reversed and the game is looking in the wrong place for the the image??
Kalavar

Re: Dedicated Server Complaining About Disc not in Drive

Post by Kalavar »

Figured it out. Ran the game single player and I was prompted for my key. Once I did that the server started. And yeah it is a bit beefy for farming simulator, but it also runs Ark, TeamSpeak and a Minecraft server that *censored* up half of that RAM.