Shader Model 3.0 is required
Please install the latest video drivers
which I have done.
Any ideas?
geforumjak

Re: Can't start FS 17

Post by geforumjak »

Hi,
I see that you installed the latest drivers... BUT, I had a client this morning with video issues... turned out that Nvidia pushed out some new drivers a week ago, but win10 did not see this and just installed the newest WINDOWS drivers. I ended up going to Nvidia and manually downloading the GPU card specific drivers, installed and rebooted, and that fixed things. Might be worth a look if you didn't get the drivers from the GPU maker site. HTH
grizkat

Post by grizkat »

Hi,
Thanks for responding! I tried that and am not able to find the correct card at Nvidia (geoforce 840A). I'm going to stop at the Microsoft store tomorrow morning and see if they have any ideas. Thanks again.
DukaSoft

Post by DukaSoft »

Have you tried the "Auto-Detect Your GPU" option?
https://www.geforce.co.uk/drivers
PC User
Specs:
Intel i7-6700k @4.00Ghz
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070
16GB - 2133MHz RAM
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
grizkat

Post by grizkat »

Yes - tried that. Finally took it to a Microsoft store and they were able to fix the problem. Unfortunately they were not able to explain what they did in a way that I can pass on to everyone else that seems to have that problem. It was something to do with DirectX at startup. Between the latest patch from FS and the Windows update something got screwed up. Thankfully it now loads fine and I am back to farming. Thanks for the response!!!!