Multiplayer issues

Cjonez1993

Multiplayer issues

Post by Cjonez1993 »

Hello. For starters I do know that nothing is guarenteed when you use mods on fs17. But for about 8 hours of gameplay I had mods and everything was fine playing with friends and family. Loving the game and I got so addicted. So we wanted a new tractor so a friend told me to get the fent 900 favorit. I closed the server and downloaded it, and so did everyone else. I restarted server and now nobody and join. When everyone gets to the sync part it gets stuck at 28%. So stuff I said we all will delete mod and just forget about it. We all attempted to delete it and it still won't delete or server won't work and even just disabled it since it won't delete. Right after I started new save and everyone could join.. So then I went and uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Joined same save with no mods keep in mind I can always get on but nobody can join my server. Now with no mods freshly installed, everyone can join! I got so excited. So I reinstalled all original mods besides the one that caused issues [fent 900 favorit] and now server won't work again. So next step. We all decided to start another server with all mods including 900 fent and the new update for the tractor. Weirdly enough Everyone can join and the tractor isn't even under our list in the game. Anyone have any suggestions? Anything helps thank you.
Cjonez1993

Re: Multiplayer issues

Post by Cjonez1993 »

So I deleted the saved game without fendt 900. Started all over. Put another 8 hours or so into game, a couple days worth after work. Now it's doing it again. Friends and family all could join up untill last night. Last night we played for a hour, switched games then came back to it and now nobody can make it past syncing %28. Me the host it says syncing like normal and goes away. They can hear birds chirping but never spawn or load. I can kick them but they never actually get in game. Anybody have any suggestions? I have seasons mod on base map and a few tractors, trailers, and equipment mods nothing crazy. My friends have same exact mods no issues 10s of hours on there game/server.
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

Hi,

What platform is this? console or PC? If you are on PC, can you share the log files of the server and the player?
Cjonez1993

Post by Cjonez1993 »

Hello and good morning. This is on console. PlayStation 4.
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

Then this is most likely an Issue we found just before release :( It will be fixed, hopefully if we get a chance to do a patch.

It will work (pretty sure) if you all restart your consoles, and then start the game.
markare

Post by markare »

Ensure that the in game time is close to noon. I had this problem aswell. It only allows people to join during daylight hours. Rahkiin has confirmed it and they are looking at a fix for it
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
Cjonez1993

Post by Cjonez1993 »

okay well that is great news! I'm glad it's not on my end only. So why is it some people can play just find like my fiance' s uncle's? It may be unexplainable I just was wondering.
Cjonez1993

Post by Cjonez1993 »

Thank you all very much I will try right now if noon works
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

markare wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:39 pm Ensure that the in game time is close to noon. I had this problem aswell. It only allows people to join during daylight hours. Rahkiin has confirmed it and they are looking at a fix for it
I did not confirm this.

The issue with MP on console is that if you played a seasons game, then exit that savegame and then start multiplayer, it will not work. So it depends on what you did before. If your uncle starts his console and directly starts MP: no issues.

If you want this fixed: send an email to Giants. We don't control this.
markare

Post by markare »

I posted about that exact problem. Starting a brand new multiplayer game with seasons and no one can join until daylight hours. You confirmed it conflicts with the skip night option. Brand new game. Nothing done on the farm. 645am in game time as a new map starts. Confirmation from you is in the seasons mod #2 thread.
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

Yeah not confirmation. I said I will look into it, but that it is possible it is SkipNight. If I cant reproduce though, I can't really find issues nor fix them.
Cjonez1993

Post by Cjonez1993 »

Ok well at 1130 am in game no body could join. At 1145 am they could. But what also changed was the fact this has happened twice and both times I was mowing, bailing, and wrapping grass bales. So I had maybe 10 grass bales left but I had around 15 wrapped bales. Sold wrapped bails and everyone was in!! I don't know what it was but after 5 days or more of trying to figure out what it was everyone finally got on with me. I really want to say it was the bales. Tomorrow or this weekend I will bale and wrap to see if issue happens again or if it was the time. Tomorrow we are not at 11 or 12 in game time so if nobody can join that might be it. Thank you for all of your help
Cjonez1993

Post by Cjonez1993 »

So is the issue that is trying to be resolved if it is confirmed from a mod release or farming SIM release?
Cjonez1993

Post by Cjonez1993 »

So I personally have confirmed on console (ps4 pro) when I am the host and I have more than 10-20 bales no friend can join on my game. It gets stuck at sync. Tried waiting hours and nobody can sync. As soon as I delete bales around 15, Everyone joins instantly. Ive tried all balers, all wrapper and even bought expansion pack for square and I still have issue. This is on gold crest. Normal difficulty. Seasons with Midwest geo. And few other mods including all realism mods. I thought at first it was the fendt 900 favorite because after I added that mod it wouldn't work. Just so happens I was baleing and wanted a little bigger tractor. I do have a multistorage silo with 600k grass and hay. 3-4 clamps ( silage compactor) with over 500k silage hanging out and nobody has issues. I even mowed around roughly 200k grass piles and left it in fields and people can join. I'm posting this to inform giants and maybe if anyone else has syncing issues to try this! Let me know if anybody else has this.
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

Cjonez1993 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:33 pm So I personally have confirmed on console (ps4 pro) when I am the host and I have more than 10-20 bales no friend can join on my game. It gets stuck at sync. Tried waiting hours and nobody can sync. As soon as I delete bales around 15, Everyone joins instantly. Ive tried all balers, all wrapper and even bought expansion pack for square and I still have issue. This is on gold crest. Normal difficulty. Seasons with Midwest geo. And few other mods including all realism mods. I thought at first it was the fendt 900 favorite because after I added that mod it wouldn't work. Just so happens I was baleing and wanted a little bigger tractor. I do have a multistorage silo with 600k grass and hay. 3-4 clamps ( silage compactor) with over 500k silage hanging out and nobody has issues. I even mowed around roughly 200k grass piles and left it in fields and people can join. I'm posting this to inform giants and maybe if anyone else has syncing issues to try this! Let me know if anybody else has this.
Did you try disabling Seasons and see if it works then?