Wanting to run on Server 2008

Aldo

Wanting to run on Server 2008

Post by Aldo »

So I've purchased from the website like others have suggested.
The web UI asks me to install windows 7/8/10 versions
Which should I install so it works with Server 2008?
Also
Does my server require a GFX card?
Or does running it in server mode not require one?
My server box is a hosted dedi box so it doesn't have a gfx card and so far has never needed one to run servers.
Have many people in my gaming community looking to purchase, but only if we can operate on the server box so we dont have to wait for any one person to log on.
Appreciate the help.
Aldo

Re: Wanting to run on Server 2008

Post by Aldo »

Seriously?
No devs on the steam forums and no devs here?
Super!
DukaSoft

Post by DukaSoft »

The dedicated server pdf states that no sound or graphics card are required..
As for the version, why don't you try with the newest version (ie. windows 10) and work your way down if it doesn't work?
PC User
Specs:
Intel i7-6700k @4.00Ghz
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070
16GB - 2133MHz RAM
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Aldo

Post by Aldo »

That pdf is hosted on asshatfarming.com and required almost EXACT phrasing to find...
No wonder I missed it.
In anycase.. thankyou for your assistance.
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Post by bassaddict »

The PDF you're refering to is located directly in the installation folder of the game. So everyone who has the game installed already has that PDF file, no need to check some dubious websites.

Are you sure you really want to run your own server? Running your own server requires a good knowledge about how servers work, you have to take care of installing updates yourself and if you have some problems, you'll have to fix them yourself and windows servers usually are quite pricey.
For the very most people, it would be easier to just rent a server at one of the game hosters you can also find in the dedi server documentation PDF. That way you don't have to know anything about running a server, you don't have to take care of updates and troubleshooting and they are quite affordable.