Dual Monitors help please.

Zetor9145

Dual Monitors help please.

Post by Zetor9145 »

Hey Everyone,

Right, I need some advice please,

I have a 42" telly that I use for FS17 currently and a 21" Acer monitor for what I thought would be a great idea surfing the net etc whilst farming..... Only its not working out how I thought it would.
My GTX960 doesn't like the fact that the second is monitor attached and the monitor will cycle through the various inputs looking for a signal (I am Guessing at this) but when just using both screens for internet and general non-heavy usage it doesn't cycle. Gtx960 not man enough for this??

So my questions really are this,

Whats the best way of having the 2 screens, Dual cards??
And when I have both screens working how do you stay in the game on one and use the other for surfing the net or can't you.
Onboard HDMI socket isn't any good for just surfing the net either is it.

Any advice or pointers would be great. Thanks.
hpmc13

Re: Dual Monitors help please.

Post by hpmc13 »

I have a GTX960 as well with dual monitors - but they are both monitors, not a TV and monitor. One (main) is hooked up through HDMI, the other (secondary) is through the VGA port, both coming from the card. I can farm and surf the net at the same time, though I usually don't, but I can if I need to. The 960 can handle it as long as the secondary task isn't doing anything too awfully difficult. I do notice that when I go to the secondary monitor I lose the sound on FS, though it appears that any tasks it's trying to complete continue. I would make sure that the resolution for FS is the same as the resolution for your desktop. In other words, if your TV is set to 1920x1080 then FS has to run at 1920x1080. If it isn't (at least on my set-up) then FS will minimize when it loses focus. It also will change the resolution of your second monitor when it starts up, then try to switch back when FS loses focus.

The onboard HDMI port is probably disabled; most onboard graphics controllers are when you plug in a stand-alone graphics card.
Playing on PC
Zetor9145

Post by Zetor9145 »

Thanks for your reply, I did find a program on the net called Actual Mulitple Monitors but downloaded it but just didn't understand how to get what I wanted out of the program so deleted it. Shame really as I thought it would do what I needed it to do.

It was just confusing as to what did what.
hpmc13

Post by hpmc13 »

I really don't believe that you need something extra to get it to do what you want. Windows should be able to handle it, or the Nvidia Control Panel. Then again, I am on Win7, so I'm not sure if Win10 is greatly different.
Playing on PC
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

I've done the same thing with a 730 and used a tv and my monitor a while back. It worked fine for me.
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10