G25 Not recognized/Working

BlackNight6

G25 Not recognized/Working

Post by BlackNight6 »

My G25 IS working on my computer, but not being recognized by FS17. I have no other controllers/ game pads connected. I have full working condition on any other game I play with this (I can even play CS-GO with it). Someone urgently help! On *Controllers 2* I have no sign of it popping up either.
W1der

Re: G25 Not recognized/Working

Post by W1der »

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Look for this setting (highlighted in green).

[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
BlackNight6

Re: G25 Not recognized/Working

Post by BlackNight6 »

I appreciate the reply, however that was definitely not the issue. The main issue was that even with
controllers enabled, the game was not recognizing the device at all in Controls 2 in the options screen.
With the controller not being recognized, even though wheel was by all purposes working, the game would not read it's input
while mapping.

For reference this is a windows 7 machine. Using the Logitech G25 Racing Wheel.
I figured out the issue. I had pointed the logitech profiler at the wrong .exe(Farming Simulator 17/FarmingSimulator2017.exe)

The profiler actually needs to be pointed at the 64bit version of the .exe(Farming Simulator 17/x64/FarmingSimulator2017Game.exe).
Also, right click that same 64bit exe, go to Compatibility tab, and checked 'Run this program as adminstrator'

Once that was done, I launched the game from the profiler, and it finally was able to fully recognize the controller.