GE Question(s)

HC1Gunner

GE Question(s)

Post by HC1Gunner »

1. First issue is I decide to do a little editing to Goldcrest Valley so I did a copy/paste of the Original map01 file. During my editing, every now and them I would copy that file over to another drive for backup purposes, in case I messed something up. I did't really run into any issues as my edited Goldcrest plays fine, but a problem arose which is related to question (2.) I tried to load the original installed game map01 file, I get the Giants's Editor has stopped working, close - cancel. I then tried the (5) other files I had backed up along the way, and they all cause GE to crash. The fist file is untouched from a Clean install of Win 10, and a fresh install of FS17. Trying to figure out why a copy with same properties of the original map01 would not load from my back up folder. I even renamed it and moved it to the game Dir, but it still crashes.

2. At Goldcrest Valley I deleted the "storageShelter03" I believe that was the number, it sits out back at by itself. I clicked on the model, and when it was highlight (wire frame), I found it in the side menu, and with it highlighted there, I hit the delete key. It was gone, or so I thought, in the editor there is nothing there, I clicked all over the entire area and nothing come up, yet when I load my game, that storageShelter is still there, and is solid as rock. I've have deleted other buildings in the editor like this, and there were gone in-game.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IEn8a- ... sp=sharing
Asus ROG STRIX X670E-A GAMING
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D
32GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo AMD EXPO 32GB DDR5 6000 F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR
SSD NVMe 1 TB - Samsung 990 PRO
Sapphire NITRO+ RX 7900 XTX Vapor-X
Corsair HX1200 1200 Watt Pwr Sup
NZXT Kraken Z73 360 AIO CPU Cooler
Sennheiser Game One headset / Sennheiser GSX 1000 Gaming Audio Amplifier
LG 32GK850G-B 32" QHD 65Hz Refresh Rate
Win 11 Pro 64bit