HELP With F1 key / control function

glenn1jack

HELP With F1 key / control function

Post by glenn1jack »

hi, so the control box (F1) key has changed from advisory buttons to numbers which to me mean nothing, any ideas how i have created the problem, and how to change it back. e.g R = Run Tool, now is a number 1 for example.

Thanks,

Glenn.
Guil

Re: HELP With F1 key / control function

Post by Guil »

Hi, welcome to the forum. By any chance do you have a joypad of some sorts connected to the computer? if you press any key on the keyboard, such as G to change between tractor and tool etc, it should change back to keyboard controls.
glenn1jack

Post by glenn1jack »

Hi & thank you.

I have a Logitech G920 and it was ok, but I wonder if I have pressed a CTRL Or ALT somewhere...when I shouldn’t have!!
glenn1jack

Post by glenn1jack »

Also, G for example works as it should as does E and F1 to select the option you want, it is just the info in the F1 control box is incorrect.
Guil

Post by Guil »

You may have changed the settings that control what is shown in the help box. I'm nearly sure it's in options at the main menu, not 100% on what it's actually called but it's roughly in the centre of the screen, make sure it's automatic and not wheel or gamepad.
glenn1jack

Post by glenn1jack »

Thanks I will give that a try.
W1der

Post by W1der »

I have mine set to keyboard (highlighted in green) as any other controller besides the "Xbox type" only gives you the number of the button, which I could never remember by heart anyways.

Over time you will learn all the commands without using the help window, but in the beginning it is very useful!
For controllers like the "G920" I would recommend you to remap the buttons for functions that makes sense to YOU and comes natural what ever way your brain finds the best ... :mrgreen:

For me the way GIANTS set the buttons up as per default never made any sense ... :blushnew:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
glenn1jack

Post by glenn1jack »

Amazing! Sorted! Thank you very mucjh 😀