Takes forever to start (FS 17-PC, steam)

EXTREMA_Ola

Takes forever to start (FS 17-PC, steam)

Post by EXTREMA_Ola »

Hello! When I start the game it takes forever to start, sometimes it takes 5 minutes and even more than that. My conclusion in this is that the more mods you have the longer it takes to start the game. If this is true, why does it have to read through all the mods? My hard drive is working on 100% when the game is sitting in it's "Loading" mode.

Please use another way to do whatever you're doing when it's starting. This is really annoying having to sit for 5 minutes+ for the game just to start, and you can't do anything else at the same time as it's just the cursor loading on the same screen (Lucky I have 2 screens :P)
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Re: Takes forever to start (FS 17-PC, steam)

Post by bassaddict »

The game has to read certain data from the mod ZIP files when loading, so it can show the mod selection list when starting your savegame.

So yes, the more mods you have, the longer it takes. If it really takes 5 minutes, then either your hardware is very slow, or your mods folder is just way too full.

As a rule of thumb: only have those mods in your mods folder that you need for your current savegame. That reduces the loading time and even more importantly: that reduces the possibility of mod conflicts a lot.
xXTHEBOMBSQUADXx

Post by xXTHEBOMBSQUADXx »

the more mods you run the longer it takes to load. i use to have a about 900 mods and the game would take about 20 minutes to load. delete mods you dont use, mods with lots of errors (unless you know how to fix them all) and take all your maps out and only use the map your going use. also as bassaddict said on use the mods your going to use in a save game
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

My solution is to get up and do something (usually making coffee/food) after I start the game, come back 5-10 mins later (or when I hear the game finish loading) and select the map/mods I want, then finish whatever I was doing while that loads.
I barely notice how long it takes to load, and I start my gaming with a good stock of supplies!
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc