Soil Composition Menu/Map

SteveValek

Soil Composition Menu/Map

Post by SteveValek »

Looked everywhere and can't find an explanation...

Why does the "Soil Composition Map",show ALL fields in RED,as "needs Ploughing" when...

A...Some Fields are already visibly ploughed
B..Some Fields need harvesting..
C...Some need sowing..

Is this a developer error overlooked,or can anyone explain?

Is it a Mod Map error ? (Chellington Farm) and if so,where can I contact the developer plz?
Hairy Bob

Re: Soil Composition Menu/Map

Post by Hairy Bob »

Whenever you start a new save, all fields start off needing to be ploughed (if you have that option turned on)
I noticed this on Chellington, and assumed that it's not possible, or not simple at least, to change this behaviour with a map.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
SteveValek

Post by SteveValek »

Hairy Bob wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:55 pm Whenever you start a new save, all fields start off needing to be ploughed (if you have that option turned on)
I noticed this on Chellington, and assumed that it's not possible, or not simple at least, to change this behaviour with a map.
So that means,even with a field needing harvesting,from a new save,it's the 3rd harvest and thus needs Ploughing after?

Thank You
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

Yes
SteveValek

Post by SteveValek »

Hairy Bob wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:55 pm Whenever you start a new save, all fields start off needing to be ploughed (if you have that option turned on)
Does this apply for all maps,and also GRASS fields?

In other words,PLOUGH everything first?

Thanks
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

Yes and no. Grass field, don’t worry about. After the first cut, it goes to a ploughed state. All the other field, yes. Unless you don’t care about the extra 10% crop yield then don’t worry about it.
SteveValek

Post by SteveValek »

Nigelbilt wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:59 pm Yes and no. Grass field, don’t worry about. After the first cut, it goes to a ploughed state. All the other field, yes. Unless you don’t care about the extra 10% crop yield then don’t worry about it.
Thanks,I'm trying the Ballycraig Farm map,and new to animal husbandry..which is why I asked

That saves me Ploughing any grass fields...and time! :smileynew:
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

That does depend on how the mapper has made the grass fields.
If they are defined as fields, then helpers can work them and they can be fertilised. As Nigel said, after the first cut you get your ploughing bonus, and the first stage of fertiliser.
I've played some maps where the grass is just painted on, and the game doesn't recognise it as a field. In this case you can still cut the grass and it should grow as normal, but it won't show up as needing ploughed and fertiliser has no effect, so you can only get half the yield compared to the other type.
With the second type, I always plough the field with allow create fields on, then replant, as you can then fertilise it and double the yield.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc