Activation limit is grosely unfair!!!!!!!!!!!:-(

j_maybury

Activation limit is grosely unfair!!!!!!!!!!!:-(

Post by j_maybury »

Giants activation centre is now telling me that I have exceeded my limit, and refuses to activate my version of FS17, but is it my fault if I am a windows fast lane beta tester and this game asks me for a code every time I have to reload Windows 10, even thought my copy of FS17 is safe on another drive? What do I have to do to resolve this?
markare

Re: Activation limit is grosely unfair!!!!!!!!!!!:-(

Post by markare »

Email giants support describing your problem. They will sort it out for you support@giants-software.com
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

Thanks Markare! I have sent my plea, I just hope it does not fall on deaf ears as this is my favourite game, I play this more than any other.
markare

Post by markare »

Glad to help.
It shouldn't fall on deaf ears. I've seen a few people reach their limits. No idea how long it will take though as I can't recall anyone ever coming back to say how long it took or what the outcome was. Hopefully it isn't too long for you.
Xb1
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

In that case, I will let you and anyone that is interested know what happens as I really do think this is so unfair on people that lose a life all because of deep-seated problems with windows 10.
As of yet, I have had no reply from Giant.
markare

Post by markare »

Chances are you won't receive a reply until Monday at the earliest. I'm sure they take the weekends off. And if anyone is in the office at the weekend they will be working on FS19. Don't quote me on that though as it is only a guess.
Xb1
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

Hi, markare, you were right, I got a reply to my letter on Monday morning it said:-

Hello Jonathan,

Thank you for your e-mail.

We inform you that there is an activation limit to protect you against Piracy. Please, do not feel penalised as this has been setup for your security.

In that case, when you have reached your activation limit, you just need to send us an e-mail. We will be happy to reactivate your key.

However, we added more activations to your account. You can use your keys again.

We ask for your understanding and remain at your disposal if you have any more questions.

Best regards,
Janice Nguizani
GIANTS Software Support Team

It looks like they have added extra activations so that I can carry on with the Windows 10 beta testing, that's very kind and thoughtful of them to do that for me, don't you think.
GtX

Post by GtX »

Giants are always fair and helpful ;-) They are given a hard time by a small number of people but they are actually one of the best Developers to deal with from my experiences.

In case you have not thought about it yet I would suggest you get the Steam Edition in FS19 as there is no problem with installation limits .
I am not sure if you have another reason for not using steam but just wanted to make a suggestion :-)
GtX :this:

YouTube

GitHub

FS17 Mod Link

FS19 Mod Link

FS22 Mod Link

"A good friend is the friend who can make you laugh."
"What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it"
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

GtX wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:48 pm Giants are always fair and helpful ;-) They are given a hard time by a small number of people but they are actually one of the best Developers to deal with from my experiences.

In case you have not thought about it yet I would suggest you get the Steam Edition in FS19 as there is no problem with installation limits .
I am not sure if you have another reason for not using steam but just wanted to make a suggestion :-)
Yes, I have thought about going with steam for that very same reason as most of my stuff is now through steam anyway, my FS collection will be the last one to go over to steam. ;-)