FS17 won`t start

Max1710

FS17 won`t start

Post by Max1710 »

Hello everybody,

So my friend bought and installed Farming Simulator 17 and as soon as he starts the game it crashes. It doesn't show any loading screens. Sometimes a message pops up which says: "Giants engine 7.0.0 has stopped working". He has checked for damages files and re-installed the game but it didnt work. He has no clue and has asked me to help him. He is really bad in english so he asked me to make the post. He has no mods and he couldn't even play.

Thanks for reading and responding
Max
don_apple

Re: FS17 won`t start

Post by don_apple »

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Without further information about your friends setup it will be difficult to help. What platform does he play on? Windows? macOS? PS4? Xbox?

If he's playing on Windows or macOS then please post the log.txt file from the game here (see the link 'log.txt' in my signature).
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Max1710

Post by Max1710 »

Hello don_apple

So my friend is on Windows and he couldn't send the log.txt file but he sended me the text that was in it. Hopefully it will help.

GIANTS Engine Runtime 7.0.0 (15681) 64bit (Build Date: Dec 7 2017)
Copyright (c) 2008-2017, GIANTS Software GmbH (giants-software.com), All Rights Reserved.
Copyright (c) 2003-2017, Christian Ammann and Stefan Geiger, All Rights Reserved.
Application: FarmingSimulator2017
Main System
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz
Memory: 8137 MB
Physics System
Version: 5.9.5
Thread(s): 2
Input System
Keyboard enabled
Mouse enabled
Gamepad/Joystick enabled
Force Feedback disabled
Name: DRIFT O.Z.
Audio System
Driver: OpenAL
Version: 1.1
Device: Generic Software
markare

Post by markare »

Why couldn't he send you the log?? Also where is the rest of it. That shows absolutely nothing that can help unfortunately
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
Max1710

Post by Max1710 »

That was all in the log. He tried to send it to me in diffrent ways and it didnt send it so he just copied it and send it to me. Also he couldn't really play the game because it kept crashing. He couldn't even do the tutorial.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Based on the content of the provided log.txt the only thing that looks a little bit suspicious to me is tha there seems to be some additional controller (wheel/gamepad/joystick) connected:

Code: Select all

Input System
Name: DRIFT O.Z.
Cpould you therfore ask your friend to disconnect this device to see if that helps?

Since the log.txt stops right at the point where the game is trying to initialize the graphics hardware, there migth also be an issue with the graphics card. Can you ask your frien to provide some information on what kind of graphics hardware is installed in the system?
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Max1710

Post by Max1710 »

Hello don_apple

The wheel was the problem and know he can play! Thank you so much for reading and helping us!