Help what am I doing wrong???

j.reagan

Help what am I doing wrong???

Post by j.reagan »

I recently downloaded Tazewell County 2.0, went through what I thought was the proper steps to put it in my mod folder. When I get in game it says that there is an update for the map that is in the beta section, I click update and it updates, takes about 30 minutes, then will just start the download all over again.

I am fairly new to downloading mods but understand the basics. I can't for the life of me cannot figure out what I did wrong.
DirectCedar

Re: Help what am I doing wrong???

Post by DirectCedar »

From where did you download v2.0? The one on Giants modhub as of five minutes ago is still 1.0.

I got v2.0 from fs-uk but I haven't had the same problem so don't have much wisdom to add I'm afraid.
j.reagan

Post by j.reagan »

I got the v2.0 download from fs-uk also. I just cannot get it to work right, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I am just going to forget it and go back to v1.0
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

I'm guessing that the game is seeing that you have a different version to the "current" one on modhub (AFAIK it just compares the hash values) and wants to "update" it. Why that's causing problems I can't guess.
Do you get the option to not update the map? I would try that if so.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
j.reagan

Post by j.reagan »

I figured out what I was doing wrong, instead of unzipping the file and placing the extracted files in my mods folder, I just placed the zipped file in the mods folder and then just ignored the update for the version in the modhub.
Guil

Post by Guil »

You don't have to unzip the folder unless it has zipped folders inside it, most mods you just place the zipped folder directly in the mod folder. If you unzip it then it won't work in multiplayer.
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

You don't have to update the map to play it, I have some mods that have updates but I chose not to update them because some mods have gotten more bugs after update.