One question support

diar1410

One question support

Post by diar1410 »

Why is there a limit to the number of visible mirrors at the same time? They are 2 or 3 in the console. It puts one in black my other question is because in some maps it does not happen.
I speak Spanish, sorry for my English... PS5
juf.de

Re: One question support

Post by juf.de »

The working mirrors use a feature with is called picture in picture mode.
Lets' assume you are driving a tractor and looking to the front. Your graphics card (GPU) now has to render the visible area in front of you, with the mirrors in your view, the graphics card now has to render the aere behind you, which is normally not vissible, too. This means the GPU now has to render 2 areas at the same time, since the GPUs (in the consoles more than in most gaming PCs) are limited in their performace, the number of working mirrors is limited, on consoles the number seems to be 3 and PCs it's up to 10, if your GPU can handle it.
I don't know the reason for the different numbers of working mirrors changing with the map, but i guess, it's depending on the performance of the map.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

Some maps might show reflections in water, or the windows of buildings etc. which can count towards the max figure even if they're not visible on screen.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
diar1410

Post by diar1410 »

juf.de wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:34 pm The working mirrors use a feature with is called picture in picture mode.
Lets' assume you are driving a tractor and looking to the front. Your graphics card (GPU) now has to render the visible area in front of you, with the mirrors in your view, the graphics card now has to render the aere behind you, which is normally not vissible, too. This means the GPU now has to render 2 areas at the same time, since the GPUs (in the consoles more than in most gaming PCs) are limited in their performace, the number of working mirrors is limited, on consoles the number seems to be 3 and PCs it's up to 10, if your GPU can handle it.
I don't know the reason for the different numbers of working mirrors changing with the map, but i guess, it's depending on the performance of the map.

Thank you very much for the reply. For me it is really annoying that the mirror turns black I hope that in the agriculture simulator 19 I hope that changes.
diar1410

Post by diar1410 »

Hairy Bob wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:36 pm Some maps might show reflections in water, or the windows of buildings etc. which can count towards the max figure even if they're not visible on screen.
Thank you so much. And for example in Estancia Lapacho the third mirror turns black only when you arrive near the main house and the garages in the fields do not turn black the mirror.