Attachments
log.txt
(2.38 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
the big print giveth the small print taketh
juf.de

Re: game keeps crashing when starting the game. LOG included

Post by juf.de »

Code: Select all

Load mod: ATC_Vehicle_Pack (Version: 2.2.6.1)
this is the last entry in your log, delete that mod out and try again
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

juf.de wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:44 pm

Load mod: ATC_Vehicle_Pack (Version: 2.2.6.1)
this is the last entry in your log, delete that mod out and try again
Deleted the mod as requested, but still no luck.

I do however keep getting this in my log file

"Warning: Mod-List download failed... retry in 4.018467 s. 1 trail"
Attachments
log.txt
(9.06 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Get rid of all the 'unpack/unzip' files, they shouldn't be in there, get the zip files that are inside them. That would fix half the errors.
Delete the ' (1)' from the arcusin mod, will fix that error too.
But these shouldn't crash your game, the files just can't be read as mods.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

BreadedVirus wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:44 am I do however keep getting this in my log file

This indicates that the game can't connect to the ModHub servers, which is either caused by an issue with the internet connection on your side, or there was an issue with the servers on Giants side. Since I've just downloaded some mods from the in-game ModHub on the macOS version of the game without problems I don't think the issue is on Giants side, therefore I would recommend that you check the Internet connection of your Windows system.

Since you have a large amount of mods from various sources installed I'd also recommend to try to remove all of them from the mods folder and then check if the game is able to start again and you are able to start a new career on one of the two standart maps. If this works you can start moving the mods back to the mods folder one-by-one and then check after moving back each mod if the game still works.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

don_apple wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:20 am
BreadedVirus wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:44 am I do however keep getting this in my log file

This indicates that the game can't connect to the ModHub servers, which is either caused by an issue with the internet connection on your side, or there was an issue with the servers on Giants side. Since I've just downloaded some mods from the in-game ModHub on the macOS version of the game without problems I don't think the issue is on Giants side, therefore I would recommend that you check the Internet connection of your Windows system.

Since you have a large amount of mods from various sources installed I'd also recommend to try to remove all of them from the mods folder and then check if the game is able to start again and you are able to start a new career on one of the two standart maps. If this works you can start moving the mods back to the mods folder one-by-one and then check after moving back each mod if the game still works.
Removed all mods and game started no problem.

Will move mods back one at a time to see which one is causing the game to crash,

Appreciate the help.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Alagos wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:31 am Get rid of all the 'unpack/unzip' files, they shouldn't be in there, get the zip files that are inside them. That would fix half the errors.
Delete the ' (1)' from the arcusin mod, will fix that error too.
But these shouldn't crash your game, the files just can't be read as mods.
Will do. *thumbsup*
Guil

Post by Guil »

Just a little thing but will the game not run higher than medium? I thought the rx580 was half decent?
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Guil wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:27 pm Just a little thing but will the game not run higher than medium? I thought the rx580 was half decent?
I have been running the game on high custom settings for a while now.

I have a issue with the game crashing when i add mods. In the log i have added it states that there is only 15 mods in the game, when actually there is a fair few more than that, yet they do not show up.

The game runs great without mods and downloading from the modhub, the game runs smooth as butter too. Kinda lost as to what is causing the issue.

Did a fresh install of the game from steam and all that lovely stuff too. :confusednew:
Attachments
log.txt
(3.09 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Again you have stuff in you mods folder that shouldn't be there:

Error: Invalid mod name 'european_truck_ pack_unzip'! Characters allowed: (_, A-Z, a-z, 0-9). The first character must not be a digit
As the 'pack_unzip' in the name implies this seems to be a mod pack that you need to extract first, and then put the separate pieces of the mod pack in the mods folder.

Load mod: caseIH1660seriesByStevie (Version: 1.0.0.4)
Load mod: caseIH7130SeriesbyStevie (Version: 1.0.0.3)
Load mod: caseIH9230SeriesbyStevie (Version: 1.0.0.3)
Load mod: caseIHpackByStevie (Version: 1.0.0.0)
Load mod: caseih_titan4540 (Version: 1.0.0.1)
Load mod: Case_Farmlift_735 (Version: 1.0.0.0)
Load mod: catCR1090ByStevie (Version: 1.0.0.3)
Load mod: challengePackbyStevie (Version: 1.0.0.0)
Load mod: Claas_Lexion580 (Version: 0.1)
Load mod: Claas_Lexion_Pack (Version: 1.0.0.0)
Load mod: deutzFahrPackbyStevie (Version: 1.0.0.0)
Load mod: DeutzFahr_L_X_700 (Version: 1.2.1.0)
Based on the names of these mods, they don't seem to be form the official ModHub (if they were from the official ModHub their names would start with 'FS17_'), therefore they most likely have not been tested as thoroughly as the mods from the official ModHub and might cause problems even though no errors or warnings are written in the log.txt. Therefore I'd suggest to remove those mods to see if it fixes you issue.

BTW. does the crash happen already before the game gets to the main menu, or does it only crash when you try to load an existing savegame?
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

don_apple wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:23 pm Again you have stuff in you mods folder that shouldn't be there:

Error: Invalid mod name 'european_truck_ pack_unzip'! Characters allowed: (_, A-Z, a-z, 0-9). The first character must not be a digit
As the 'pack_unzip' in the name implies this seems to be a mod pack that you need to extract first, and then put the separate pieces of the mod pack in the mods folder.

Load mod: caseIH1660seriesByStevie (Version: 1.0.0.4)
Load mod: caseIH7130SeriesbyStevie (Version: 1.0.0.3)
Load mod: caseIH9230SeriesbyStevie (Version: 1.0.0.3)
Load mod: caseIHpackByStevie (Version: 1.0.0.0)
Load mod: caseih_titan4540 (Version: 1.0.0.1)
Load mod: Case_Farmlift_735 (Version: 1.0.0.0)
Load mod: catCR1090ByStevie (Version: 1.0.0.3)
Load mod: challengePackbyStevie (Version: 1.0.0.0)
Load mod: Claas_Lexion580 (Version: 0.1)
Load mod: Claas_Lexion_Pack (Version: 1.0.0.0)
Load mod: deutzFahrPackbyStevie (Version: 1.0.0.0)
Load mod: DeutzFahr_L_X_700 (Version: 1.2.1.0)
Based on the names of these mods, they don't seem to be form the official ModHub (if they were from the official ModHub their names would start with 'FS17_'), therefore they most likely have not been tested as thoroughly as the mods from the official ModHub and might cause problems even though no errors or warnings are written in the log.txt. Therefore I'd suggest to remove those mods to see if it fixes you issue.

BTW. does the crash happen already before the game gets to the main menu, or does it only crash when you try to load an existing savegame?
After a little bit of looking about, it was an issue with high disk usage. Something on my computer was maxing it out. Superfetch was the culprit which was preventing the game from loading and thus causing it to crash. Disabled it and the game loads perfect.

Thank you for you help.