Maps wont load

christian.sheen

Maps wont load

Post by christian.sheen »

Good day,
Ive recently had a problem with some maps not loading ie stuck at loading screen. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling said map and also removed the latest mods from mods folder and still those maps wont load. Only map name i can remember is ballincraig estate ill check the other names later when im on my pc. What could be the problem here?

Thanks
juf.de

Re: Maps wont load

Post by juf.de »

First of all let me give you an advice: to prevent conflicts between different maps i recommend having only one modmap in the mod folder at a time and store the other ones in another place, until you play them.
secondly we need more information, in my signature you can find a link for where to find the log.txt, please post the content of that here in this thread, so we can have a look whats wrong with your game.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
christian.sheen

Ok thanks i will try moving other modmaps and ill get the log when im back on my pc.
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

juf.de wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:16 am First of all let me give you an advice: to prevent conflicts between different maps i recommend having only one modmap in the mod folder at a time and store the other ones in another place, until you play them.
secondly we need more information, in my signature you can find a link for where to find the log.txt, please post the content of that here in this thread, so we can have a look whats wrong with your game.
That won't do anything because the game detects all that maps in your mods folder and only loads the one that your current save uses! It's a failsafe to prevent conflict.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

Yeah you are right, remembered that from early game versions and forgot to ignore that, yet it helps to safe memory, just in case the user does not have that much. the cause will most likly be in another mod anyway.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
christian.sheen

Thanks for the helpguys. I went through the log.txt looked at all the error and turns out it was the animal notification mod that caused issues. Removed said mod and maps now load fine. Error Was something about a lia file and a chicken value set to nil.

On a side note would this have to do with the enhanced chicken mod? As i didnt have this problem with ballincraig few months ago and since then hve had enhanced chicken mod installed and only recently opened up ballincraig again.

Edit: added again at end of last sentence.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Without more information about your game setup it will be difficult for others to say if the issue you are having is related to the enhanced chicken mod or something else.

But you can try to find out yourself what is causing the issue by starting a new career on one of the two standard maps with only the animal notification and the enhanced chicken mods activated. If the game hangs then, there is a conflict between tose two mods and you need to decide which one you want to keep.

If the game works fine with the new career and only those two mods activated but doesn't work with other maps when using those mods then please post the log.txt from the game showing the full error (see the link 'log.txt' in my signature for instructions on how to post the log.txt here)
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
christian.sheen

Thanks don_apple. Ill give it a try when i can and ill post the log if there is a problem. But this topic can be closed now ill just make a new one based on my findings.

Thanks all again.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Locked at op request.