steering wheel & pedal support

C04L

steering wheel & pedal support

Post by C04L »

Hi everyone.
I have a Thrustmaster F430 FF wheel/pedals.
consists of a steering wheel and a 2 pedal platform.

I've set it to 'Combined' in the thrustmaster settings in windows.

left everything on default, in the game.
went into game and found that when i get into a vehicle i accelorate automaticaly. (steering is fine)
i accelorate automaticaly to about half speed. i press my accelorator pedal and i increase speed to 100%.
I let go of the accelorator and i press my brake pedal and the vehicle decelorates to 0. i let go of my brake pedal and i increase speed foreward again without any input from me.

i cannot find how i reverse in this current configuration either.

i have searched on youtube for wheel/pedal tutorials they are few and far between and then they are regarding G*wheels or the FS wheel/pad/joy. Or are not in english.
some show stuff about the input.xml i edited it a few times axis switch 5 or 6 etc but they make the pedals unresponsive.
i went intogame and reset to default and the pedals went back to auto accelorate as discribed above.
i went to settings and clicked accelorate and pressed the accelorate pedal and the same for brake, brake pedal. that set them both to axis 6. (instead of 5 brake and 6 accel. default)
went into game and the pedals became unresponsive. i went back and clicked reset to default.

i searched on these forums for wheel support and didnt see any reference to the problem listed above.

sensitivity and deadzones are default.

If anyone is useing thrustmaster wheel/pedal setup succesfully please let me know your settings.
i am at a loss as to how to investigate further. please help

kindest regards.
Kamoore65536

Re: steering wheel & pedal support

Post by Kamoore65536 »

Try holding your foot on the brake pedal after your vehicle comes to a complete stop.
Playing on a PS4 & PS4 Pro.
Added a PC at Christmas time.
i7-7700 quad core 3.6GHz(4.2GHz Turbo)
GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
120 GB SATA solid State Drive
1TB SATA III hard Drive
Added a 4K TV
Added a PS5.
C04L

Post by C04L »

nothing happens. its as if i were in say F1simulater and was pressing both accel/brake at the same time... = nothing.
C04L

Post by C04L »

UPDATE:

So i decided to go into my thrustmaster settings and switch from Combined to Seperate. that fixed the pedals, they are now perfect.
Tough i had to switch the pedal axis around in the .xml file as my brake accel and my accel braked :-)

il leave this here for anyone else who has a problem like mine and blindly "Combines" without trying Default Seperate first.

/Happy
W1der

Post by W1der »

That was for FS15 ... they changed it for FS17 ...
Glad you got it sorted!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5