Performance issues post windows update

SneakyBeaky

Performance issues post windows update

Post by SneakyBeaky »

Hello,
Since the new windows update several days ago, I'm now no longer able to play fs17 because of the extremely poor performance I now face. At first the game would crash but, after a clean install of windows I get freezing/fps drop as I attempt to navigate the map. If i include mods then it is very poor. Now, I know at this juncture people would suggest removing mods but, I havent included any new additions since the update and this happens when I run Oakfield without mods. If I comment out clip controller in moddesc there is some improved. It's like the new update of windows doesnt like any scripts from the game.
My server has 100+ mods with quite a few scripts and I was able to run everything at a solid 60fps but, I cant even run the map lone without it dropping/freezing when I try to move around.
I have looked online and quite a few report gaming issues post update but, unfortunately, when I used a backup of my pc,before this update, I still had issues. (it appeared that the update stuck around) so, im stuck with the new spring update.
Its worth reporting that I can play PUBG with zero issue and my pc is working as expected. Im using an i7 4790k, 16gb ram, gtx 970.
FabbriFarmer

Re: Performance issues post windows update

Post by FabbriFarmer »

Hello
I also have FPS problem: I played at 15-17 fps on OakField Farm Map (until about 1 month ago), and now all of a sudden I have 2-5 fps, same graphic quality, same mods and same map (medium/low graphic).... I can't understand, instead I play ETS2 (that have a better graphic) with medium settings, 150% Scaling and mods (also ProMods map) at 15-20 fps without any problem....
If someone can help me...
New Holland and CNH fan
John Deere and Massey Ferguson at the second place
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

Had the same freezing issue every 60-90 mins and also can't change the update and go back. But try turning off power/sleep in settings. I had it at every 2 hours but so far it hasn't frozen after 3 hours in game. Hope this helps.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
SneakyBeaky

Post by SneakyBeaky »

Ive just updated the other thread with my findings since I first reported this issue. viewtopic.php?f=893&t=125988&start=15

Unfortantely, my freezing was happening from the get go and happened every few second. Anyways, problem 'solved'