Mouse related Jitter/Stutter/Choppy

Ranger_ie

Mouse related Jitter/Stutter/Choppy

Post by Ranger_ie »

Hi all,

I'm hoping to get some help today to possibly rid myself of this annoyance.

The Problem - When using the mouse to look around it is extremely jittery, this only happens in 1st person view such as on Foot or Inside the cab of a vehicle. It also affects things like rotating the chainsaw where it appears to stutter heavily yet no fps drops or variable frametimes are being recorded.

Interestingly, using the Keyboard arrows, my joystick or my wheel to look around results in very smooth motion and when I'm in 3rd person view when in a vehicle (look at the back of it from the outside) the camera motion is really smooth even when using the mouse.

I have uploaded a youtube video here showing it, I used rotating the chainsaw as it clearly shows the choppy motion and then in the tractor where it's smooth.

https://youtu.be/rZeQ6HOITT4 - PS I record using my phone so compression etc didn't impact the video.

Things I have tried to resolve this,

Reinstalled the game
Full reset of Key Bindings
Full driver re install in case it's nvidia related
different mouse (also different brand)
clearing all keybinds - mouse still works even though I cleared the binds
No mods and fresh save game
different controllers - all fine until mouse is used
turned off logging
tried running without vysnc
tried changing sensitivity
compatability mode Win 7/8

System
Windows 10 pro 1607
Nvidia GTX 1060 6gb
Intel I7-4790 3.8GHz
Game on SSD
16GB Ram

This is annoying but I'd certainly feel better if it wasn't just me but I see little online about an issue such as this. I'd really appreciate some input on this please.

Thanks
Ranger_ie

Re: Mouse related Jitter/Stutter/Choppy

Post by Ranger_ie »

Managed to fix the issue for now.

I assumed something wasn't right when the mouse was always bound no matter what I did in the controls. I went into the C: location for the game and deleted the default key bindings files and the issue has went away.

I think perhaps the game was looking at 2 bindings files at the same time which was causing the issue perhaps.

I'll continue to monitor.

EDIT - It actually appears to the Steam Overlay causing the issue. I thought I had turned it off but I didn't and can fully recreate the issue by turning it off and on.
RambosNachbar

Post by RambosNachbar »

You Sir, are a god damn genious! Thank you very much! I tried almost everything to fix this, In-game, Nvidia Control Panel, everything. Except the Steam Overlay.
Deann

Post by Deann »

Thanks bro i had this issue for long and now its gone :D thank you